or Connect

Posts by justplainbecky

When you encounter a bad checking station, if its through SAFE KIDS, then report it. If they are handing out that bad of advice, they need to be reported or its never going to stop, parents are going to be putting thier kids in danger uknowingly. IF its a local thing, through the police station or fire station or hospital, then you need to speak to whomever is in charge, let them know that bad advice is being given out, and that they need to retrain or contact SafeKids for...
Beautiful pic though.
My 5 1/2yr old was 40lbs at 3yrs old.... but now at 5 1/2 he's only 45, and he's 48'' tall. He still rides in the Britax Regent, and will until he either outgrows it or his little brother outgrows the MArathon he's in. Which both have about 3 good solid years left in thier own seats, so he'll be 8 and still in the Regent. He doesn't argue, he jsut gets in and buckles his harness. He knows he's safer in it, and the Regent is like a recliner, he loves it! But then...
Today both my boys requested toasted sandwiches, so we made them on whole wheat with cheese and turkey. They are 5 1/2 and 2 1/2.
My oldest 'graduated' at about 22 months, meaning he said he had to go, he was in undies full time. My youngest... he was earlier, but we started earlier with him. He was in undies full time at 16 months, and he could tell us he needed to pee (he'd say 'pee now!') at a year. HE's 2 years old (today!) and can gt to the bathroom, get his pants down, go, but he needs help getting his pants back up,and of course wiping #2.
Something very similar happened to us as the lady who's doc told her to use formula while she eliminated dairy from her diet. My oldest had latch issues, he was tongue tied and I was told since it wasn't bad there was no need to clip ipt, he'd be fine! @@ So we started off on teh wrong foot anyway, then he developed raging eczema and doc said 'yep, its your milk, switch to formula' and so we did the same thing she did, went to formula for a few days while I eliminated dair...
I'm sorry everyone! I didn't even think about posting an update! My friend had her little boy just a week after her formula incident.... he had some issues latching in the hospital and when she got home, and I got to spend alot of time with them that first day, but he got it, she got it, and he just turned 9 months old and is still nursing very well. SHe has supplemented with formula time and again, but mostly only when out since he's at the stage where every little...
bumping up...anyone else. He went the other day, and today he went in his pants again, saying 'no no poopy' when I knew he was pooping. Took him in there, a little in his pants and he didn't go any more on the toilet though I know there was more in there. Anyone.....
We began EC/PT with our oldest when he was 20 months. He was in undies day and night and totally independent in the bathroom (save for wiping #2's) by his 2nd b-day. He was about the easiest kid I've ever seen convince to use the toilet! lol My youngest is 17 months, we started EC with him at around 6 months. HE refused to poop in a diaper from birth, so we would just take his diaper down when he would fuss and let himlay on it and he woudl go. Around 6 months I started...
Yeah, they allow people to sell nasty expired carseats that could put a childs life in danger but they want to ban selling cloth diaper? THAT makes sense.