or Connect

Posts by Dmitrizmom

Words of wisdom from Milk8shake (with minor modifiactions):   "The first thru fourth eight week challenges were a great success, and many of us are up for another eight weeks - we're opening it up for any newbies who would like to join the next round of the challenge. Please read below.    Background: The thought came to my head because I joined the "losing weight in 2012" thread, but I didn't have much motivation, and I had no-one to be...
If you all  want me to run a version 5, I will. (but I won't be participating).   I love getting to cheer your successes and will support you when you are having challenges.    I can set up so y'all have a 1 week break and start back on October 8.  
Final weigh in for this challenge!!!   166.0 - I bounced... ILs were here all weekend and man, do they cook fabulous food!
  Talk to your doctor about your options.  First on the list should by physical therapy - they will be able to help you with stabilization and strengthening in a way that will help with long term results. And give yourself some time - be gentle with yourself!!!  Your baby isn't even 3 months old yet.  
Carp!  Did I kill the thread???   Just stopping in to wish everyone a good weekend!  Hoping that we all have a fabulous weigh in on Monday.    Also wanted to thank everyone for their support and encouragement.   
For those struggling with the "last 5 lbs"... I thought this was an interesting read: http://gokaleo.com/?p=666   Tilly - just my new normal... working out and eating (fairly) clean.  I alternate cardio and weights, I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and lean proteins... but I also allow myself to eat fats - I love butter and whole fat milk.  Everything in moderation most of the time...  I'm drinking a lot of water - close to 100 oz a day.  I have great days and awful...
Geo – hope you can get some rest – teaching 5 days is hard.   Sparkle- sorry things with the prof aren’t good.  Hope the leg feels better soon   Kristina – glad that you are enjoying the volunteer work – even with the rough spots. Even happier to hear that you got a good result at PT. The injection may be a step in the right direction.  Hopefully it will stay in place and continue to heal.   Plady – Holy great turn out for auditions!!!  And I’d love to do the...
Oh mama! You have so much on your plate right now.    my suggestion is multifaceted... 1. alternate days of cardio with days of weight training. You don't need huge weights either: high reps of lower weights can be very effective when done with high intensity. 2. if you aren't already, incorporate body weight exercises: push ups, tricep dips, bear walk, crab walk, duck walk, chin ups, plank.  They don't take long and you can involve your kids by making it a contest. ...
If y'all decide to do a 5.0, I will be sitting out... but I will join for a 6.0.... I'm only 0.8 lbs from my WW goal. :)  I have to maintain for 6 weeks... then I have an additional 16 - 18 lbs that I'd like to kiss goodbye to.