or Connect

Posts by coleslaw

We just came back from it. It is a little more intense and has a more compicated plot. A lot went over my almost 4 yo's head, but he still enjoyed it. He tends to not shy away from scary though. My 9yo laughed hard as well as my husband and me. We all also cried hard too! Ugh! Still an emotional wreck from it, but totally worth it!
We have had the same problem for 2 + years now and ds is almost 4 and dd is 9.5 and dd is not passive. It's been a nightmare for us. He totally freaks out at times, while it's less than before, the feelings between them are so intense that they each trigger something in each other. I hope to get some ideas from here so I'm subscribing.
I want to thank you for posting this. we have been dealing with my overweight dd who is 9 also. We just tried the chewing gum after dinner thing. We also talk about being hungry vs. being bored. Does your son read/watch TV/something else distracting while he eats? You may want to cut that out if possible or make him aware that he may eat more when he is eating while distracted. My dd eats when she is bored or she gets into habits, like having to eat an hour after...
OP, I have been going through something similar but for different reasons. I'm looking for help as well. One thing that stuck out for me was maybe you have an intolerance to loud noises. Could a simple pair of earplugs (ones you can still hear through, but cuts down the noise) help when you are feeling it most? I know it sounds silly, but I know as it gets closer to nighttime, my tolerance for noise gets lower and lower. It may just take the edge off. Of course,...
Quote: Originally Posted by beansmama Good point. I am definitely a junk food junkie. Big time. I'm working on my eating habits this month as well. Counting calories and trying to stick with the good stuff (less processed, more brown and less white...less junk). I'm REALLY bad about taking my vitamins, but I do have multis here as well as a b complex, guess I'll set those out by my zoloft so I remember to take them! Just a small suggestion,...
I once read that people who have issues with simple sugars and wheat/gluten are susceptible to abusing alcohol. I dont' remember the specifics or who I was listening to when I heard it, but a program designed to address a person nutrition helped much more (like 75% or more) than AA. Just a thought. Maybe have your nutritional levels checked? ETA: I see your are on Zoloft and B vitamins are good for depression. A lack of which could cause depression. Adding more...
I think Koli was very disappointed in not getting the votes. He had the confetti thing in his head. If you watch the finale interviews on nbc.com, he talked about feeling mixed since he actually lost the highest percentage of everyone, but becasue he wasn't voted in, he didn't get the grand prize, but he won the at home prize and he can go home. He also said it wasn't about the money and that he would probably just put the money away.
I belong here too. And while I feel for all of you posters, I'm so glad I am not alone. I feel horrible and to top it off, my son has turned into an anger boy. Well, I can't tell what comes first. Usually his anger sets me off probably becasue my dad got very angry, yet I was not aloud to be angry. How do I deal with that? I need to immediately, because we can't all live like this. Just last night my mom watched my kids for the evening while dh and I went out for...
Thanks! I was wondering if Koli would have won it. I never caught his percentage. Bummer for Koli though.
I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see everyone. I wonder how the green team did. I'm going to assume that the daughter didn't get much done. Hopefully, I'm pleasantly surprised. And the brown team...crossing all fingers and toes for them.