or Connect

Posts by coleslaw

My dd and I want Daris to make it to make-over week to see what they do with him.
I wish I had family who thought the housework could wait. I get the judgemental comments everytime one of them comes over - no matter how clean the house is.
Subscribing... I put a post on the homeschooling side, but now realize that you are all over here. After always homeschooling my 9yo and 3.5 yo, we are doing school next year. I'm so scared and so sad, but also hopeful, if that makes any sense. I'm burned out, so in one sense I'm relieved, but still sad. I feel like I didn't have what it takes to something so extrordinary. Anyway, it was my daughter's idea, so it's kind of like I was fired. She wants to be with...
Thank you everyone for your information. I'll check over on the school side to find those threads. Oceanbaby, good luck to you and your ds this year. I'll be thinking of you as the fall comes around. Thank your LillianJ! Your posts have always been so helpful to me here in hs-ing and now you privided me with so many wonderful thoughts and sources to get me through this new chapter of our liveds. I can't tell you how comforting it was to read your words. Like I...
I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the school forum, but after homeschooling since the beginning, my 9yo wants to go to school this fall. She's curious and I don't blame her. My son will be going to preschool as well. (I actually decided to send him to preschool to give dd and me more school time together, but oh well!). I go back and forth on how I feel about it. I have so many things to think about, but I'm finding that I just feel lost. Kind of like...
I'm so disappointed!!!! Is it still too early to give a spoiler?
Thank you so much for your reply. It's good to hear that you have been able to get some control over the issues you had as a kid. She's not a very centered girl and she tried breathing, but on her own. Maybe I will sit with her next time. She's trying ot sleep in her own room, but hasn't actually fallen asleep there in awhile. She sleeps fine enough when she sleeps in the room with me, but I just can't have her there for much longer -I won't bore you with those...
I wasn't able to watch it. Did they have an elimination on Tuesday? I looked ahead on the schedule and my TiVo says that they have 2 dancing shows - 1 on Monday, 1 on Wed and the elimination is on Friday? Does that sound right? Sounds weird. How was Brooke on her first night hosting? I won't miss Samantha Harris at all.
Rebekah, I wanted to thank you for those articles. They were what I needed to read. Thanks!
Thank you so much for all of your replies! I think you are right about the teaching him how to best express himself, which is what I will do. I just hope the people who know him best will respect that. I don't have a good feeling, which really sucks.