or Connect

Posts by coleslaw

What should I think at this point? It's to the point that he is rude to people if they call him by his real name (he wants to be called "Hermione") or refer to him as a boy or use the word "he". He is boy-ish in every other way stereotypically. He has a hard time playing with most boys his age and would prefer to play with girls. In fact he says that he hates boys. He gets all alpha male in the presence of boys his age (not older though). Obviously, whatever the...
I just got diagnosed (finally! after 5 years!) with hip bursitis and am doing physical therapy. While I feel confident that the therapist will help me out, I'm just curious if anyone else has gone through this and successfully started exercising and getting a good burn cardio-wise. Did you have to do swimming or could you use the bike or run or things that would normally aggrevate your hip again? I HATE swimming, so I hope that is not the case. Thanks for any thoughts!
I'd like to join! I'm a homeschool mom, so some days I don't shower and stay in my PJ's all day, if we have no plans, which isn't bad sometimes, but like you said, I don't have the same energy if I am in my PJ's. I am in physical therapy for a bad hip, but am getting the green light for some exercise, so I want to get up early and go work out. If I simply do that, I accomplish so much that helps me. 1)I get to surround myself with adults, which may not happen...
I agree witht he Winnie the Pooh movies. You there are so many - the classics and the newer ones. Pooh and the Heffalump Movie, The Tigger movie, Piglet's Big Movie, Springtime with Roo, Pooh's Grand Adventure are all favorites here. Mary Poppins is a good Disney movie that has nothing offensive.
I just found this thread and I'm so impressed with you!!! I was ready to write all of my "brilliant" suggestions (that's sarcasm), but you have it all worked out. Good for you! I would imagine all of your previous lack of sleep was due to both the diet cokes and the nicotine. I would imagine in a few days (at the most), you are going to sleep much better. Please keep posting as you can because it is truly inspirational reading what you are going though!
Anyone watch? The whole Miggy thing was interesting. The woman who wouldn't let her duaghter cry in front of everyone let the tears flow. Do you think she made a break-through or was edited to look different than what she was? I was impressed that she lost so much weight despite all that she went through. Just tells me that I have NO excuses. A lot of break-throughs this week. Pink team girl, Red woman, orange guy (must learn names!). I was glad to see no crazy...
If he thinks she needs background noise, could you switch to music? Maybe then, your dd won't notice that the TV is off? On a different level, though, it sounds more like you and your dh may need to have more conversations about compromise and how to come to more mutual decisions on parenting. I am only going by what you wrote, which I know does not come close to describing your relationship, but maybe you both need to take a step back and try to find out how you...
We are in the same boat. Mine just turned 9, but she's been wearing a bra (or should be wearing a bra) for at least 6 months now. It's so hard. I get sad too and try so hard not to let her see it. SHe's always grown-up so fast - from teeth as a baby, to walking at 9 months, to being almost as tall as me and bigger feet than me right now. It's so hard, but exciting too. I also recommend the AG book. My dd loves it.
I appreciate everyone's thoughts on Eat, Pray Love, but would like to stick with Committed for this thread. If you've read it, I would love to hear from you - whether you liked it or not. But if you are here just to bash the author or her past books, please start your own thread. Thank you.
What did everyone think of the green team? That "No tears" thing really started to get to me. I understand why the daughter wanted to leave and maybe it was the best for her kids since the husband was leaving - but didn't she know that before she got on the show? They really play themselves as the odd ball out. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but that stoic attitude is very much in their way. I think the grey team said it best about what happened to their...