or Connect

Posts by coleslaw

While the scene with Tom telling Lynette bugged me some, I think it came from a place of him knowing he was shocking her and trying to help that out - badly, like guys can do at times - try and fix something they can't fix. No offense to guy, but I know from having lost two babies - 1 m/c and 1 stillbirth - and my dh's reactions, particularly to the m/c. I was thinking that the actress who plays Lynette really needs to be recognized for her work on DH. That scene in...
I'm not talking about how prevent or how to deal with the aftermath, but when my 3yo throw something at me or another family member (in anger) or hits us or pinched or whatever - generally trying to harm us in some way - how would you react in that moment. Yes, I'm trying to prevent (adjusting diet, etc.), yes I know how to apologize for anything I have done wrong in the moment and have a discussion afterward for him on what he did. But how would you react in the moment?...
Thanks for both of you for your thoughtful advice. I think I need to try working out at home again. The last time I did, the now 3yo would yell and stop me. Maybe I need to try again. If the kids do it with me, all the better! Doing the squat and push-up challenges are good ones. I also downloaded the C25K app to my I-Touch and thought running in the yard might be a good idea sometimes too. Maybe when winter is done. Until then, maybe Wii Personal Trainer for week...
Wow! I didn't expect so many replies! I appreciate all of your responses. I'm embarrassed to admit I actually have some of these, which is good, but I had the answers right under my nose all this time. Time to crack them open and go page by page. Cooking is intimidating to me, so I guess I didn't have the confidence when I got them and then forgot about them. I'm wokring on getting braver. Thanks again!
Thanks for your help! I'm definitely a too much too soon type of person. I think I'm in denial in some ways of how out-of-shape I am. I keep thinking I can do what I used to, but sadly I can't. I also have scheduling problems. I can't consistently dedicate a time and unexpected things crop up all the time, which I guess I'm not alone in, but it doesn't help create a habit. I'm trying though!
Thanks Lynn for the book recommendations. Regarding therapists, I did that last time and was sorely disappointed. I'm not saying I won't try again, but that's what happened before. I've been disppointed in therapists forme also. Maybe it's me and my ability to find a good therapist? Well, I'm not sure if she was just so tired from the night before (up 1-4am because the rain sounded like footsteps), but we set up the window alarms and she slept through the night, not...
Anyone know of a good basic cookbook that I could go through and learn a good basic repertoire? I feel that the reason I don't cook much is becasue I don't know how - like I've never roasted a bird of any sort - or vegetables, never made a roast of any sort. Gravy? Nope! There are all sorts of parts to a pig, cow, etc. that I have no knowledge of to even think of making, never mind how. I feel very inept and my family is paying the price. Please help!
I just can't seem to get it together to go work out. You would think my 30 lb gain and climbing over the past couple of years would motivate me. I've always been someone who worked out in some way shape or form since 6th grade. Not an athlete, but was in OK shape, never very thin, but within average range until recently. For some reason, I just can't feel the determination that I should or what I used to feel. I'll go work out for one day and be so excited and then...
My dd has always been on the anxious side, even as a baby. She has never been a good sleeper, but now nightmares invade her sleep and have been for a couple of years now, at least, which keep us from getting a good night's sleep as well. Minus a therapist (which we've tried unsuccessfully), does anyone have suggestions on how to deal with this? I'm up for anything, auromatherapy, chiropractic help, anything! My husband is out with her right now getting an alarm for her...
My 9yo dd has always been on the anxious side, but the past few years has been riddled with nightmares and sleeplessness, on her part, and therefore, on our part. From a natural standpoint, what can I do to help her? Like auromathereapy, ideas on chiropractic work, etc. anything like that. We've done the therapist route and it didn't work. We didn't pick the right therapist, unfortunately and may go down that route again in the future, but for now, we are looking at...