or Connect

Posts by moonfirefaery

Try to remember that not everyone has the option to plan financially. There are those who have absolutely nothing leftover after bills, who have already cut every extra expense possible. Young people, also, have had much less time to plan and to carry out their plans for financial success. There are many situations where people could plan, and fail to do so, and I do agree with holding people accountable. But I like to cut people a little slack, because everyone makes...
I think #3 is unfair. I like to know the mods, their personalities, their stances; I think it benefits a community to have a relationship to its mods and know who they are. I also don't agree with letting people just behave however they want and if anyone doesn't like it, they can leave or click ignore. Some degree of civility should be enforced especially on a board that's all about gentle, natural parenting, positive discipline, and raising children who are empathetic...
I think rich/poor is relative.   For me, someone who makes $100K+ seems rich, because I make so little. But many here who earn well over that have professed before that they do not feel rich, although I have to wonder if we traded houses, cars, food budgets, and other expenses, how they would feel trying to support their lifestyle on my salary....lol!
I'm sorry, but I find that post hypocritical. We're not allowed to discourage UC, because their babies are none of our business... but, we are advocates against circumcision, for breastfeeding, against spanking, etc. even though those babies are "none of our business." By your logic we shouldn't be advocating anything, or banning the advocating of anything, yet you're advocating banning dissent in forums about circumcision, etc., a breath before stating that the babies...
The ads make it impossible to access MDC on my old computer. On my new computer, it loads very slowly, longer than any other site I visit. On my work computer, half of the time MDC crashes the browser.   There are way, way, way too many ads on MDC now. Seeing a bunch of product reviews on the side of my screen makes it very difficult to view the board, and all of the ads make it very difficult for me to use MDC. They used to be annoying; now they make my computer...
AverysMomma: I don't want to see people harrassed in the UC forum, but someone shouldn't be banned from participating just because they are generally not pro-UC. They should have the right to give advice, participate respectfully in discussions, etc. The keyword there is respectfully.   I'm a UCer, but I wouldn't UC in all situations. I have been known to tell UCers to go to the hospital, to hire a midwife, to have an ultrasound. We can't just ban all nonsupportive...
I like the minimal moderation as it applies to people's opinions, not their attitudes.   It is possible to voice a dissenting opinion respectfully, without insulting anyone or being rude. If a poster is being rude, especially repeatedly, I would like to see the mods do something about that. I don't, however, want to see people "in trouble" with the mods because of their opinions. I think we here at MDC are more than capable of handling people with differing opinions,...
I agree with you elfinmama. It's not about welfare for SAHMs. It's about maternity/paternity leave, whcih is lacking in the USA. Six weeks of UNPAID time, compared to six months to a year for both parents in other civilized nations, is inadequate for many families. They don't call it welfare in Switzerland.
Lynnesg,   As I have already said I don't get food stamps or welfare. Many other posters have already explained to you that they don't get assistance either. Not everyone who defends the system is mooching off of it, as you ignorantly seem to think.
Um, I actually didn't say anything about CEOs or "fat cats;" the closest I came was mentioning how corporations exploit employees.   Tax credits, write offs, deferments, and Swedish bank accounts are available and used by all types of rich people, not only CEOs. I was talking about hand-outs for rich people, not portraying any picture of the typical successful person.   Way to try to twist my posts around though! :)