or Connect

Posts by moonfirefaery

That was a great post beenmum...and I am so sorry you were singled out about those bottles. It is so awful that mothers judge each other over the mere sight of a bottle without even bothering to find out all the details. Even if you were exclusively FFing, which you weren't, they shouldn't have treated you like that!   I take parenting advice with a grain of salt when it comes from anyone who doesn't have a good deal of experience with my child. It is easy to feel...
Quote:  
I got a little mini-lecture from the Doc after my UC, the standard 10% of homebirths go wrong and that's why I don't approve of it...etc.   With my first birth I had been in labor all night and came to the hospital around 1; they told me they had no exam rooms and to sit in the waiting room. I was there for over two hours. Then there was a fire drill, which was only for personnel but my DH thought it menat us too. So in labor I had to go down several flights of...
Evans read me literature for 3 hours after my 2 AM birth and refused to let me sleep until they told me all about the dangers of cosleeping and whatnot; they threatened me with a Csection 5 minutes into pushing phase because I wasn't pushing and breathing to their liking. When we told a SSgt of our homebirth he said "Of the last 3 couples I know that gave birth there, in one situation the mother died, in one the baby died, and in another the baby came home brain...
HIPAA does have everything to do with this. You are not required to give out medical information, including your child's vaccine status, nor can anyone obtain your medical information without your permission. It does not solely apply to insurance companies and medical institutions but also to banks. An organization may require you to provide it, and you can choose not to do business with that organization to avoid providing it--but they cannot get that information unless...
  WOW! We were at Schriever AFB, also in Colorado Springs. We would have had to go to Evans Army Community Hospital. They were so open and accepting. can not BELIEVE Peterson AFB personnel are violating your privacy and your space like that. I had no opposition to my UC by the military, only by the hospital who contacted family advocacy. The Peterson AFB family nurse called; I didn't call her back, and I never heard from them again. Are they going to pull this crap...
  Oh my God! I am so sorry!!! My husband was AF when we had our UC. We told them we were planning a HB not a UC. We told them it was a UC afterwards, and they were AMAZINGLY supportive! The base commander even sent us a letter congratulating us with a handwritten comment about how delivering ourselves was surely something we'd never forget. The doctor in the ER I went to after the birth (retained placenta) reported me to the AF base nurse, who called and left a msg that...
I'd participate but I'd just be echoing monkey mama... Carry on! lol
I agree that 911 pretty much created a whole new era in civil rights and American policy. It was an entire change of scene. We ended an era of prosperity that day and began on a downward spiral... and it wasn't the American people who benefitted. The people who did benefit have eerie connections to 911...but we'll probably never know anything more than that.
I'm with monkey. It just doesn't add up. Something about the official story is not quite right. And maybe they just don't know what happened because of the unprecedented nature of the attack and collapses. But something just rings false, and I don't know how big or small it is. If we know the truth it may be too small to make a difference. And if it's big, wouldn't that rock our society? :/