or Connect

Posts by moonfirefaery

Yes. That's right. And the change that Obama's administration has made prevents them from doing that, at least for your debit card purchases, without your permission. If you don't want them to pay card transactions into the negative... they can't.
  First of all, the over-draw fee has not been eliminated. What has been added is the ability to opt out of automatic overdraft services on your debit card. This means when you open a bank account, you get asked this question: when you don't have enough money, shall we pay your transactions on this card or deny them? Before, they simply assumed you wanted your card transactions approved even if it was going to put you in the hole the amount of the charge plus a fee or...
All I have is plenty, and if a plane crashes into a building killing my son, I hope you don't end up with jury duty for the terrorist who incited the pilot to that violence. Guess we're even.
MusicianDad - I can interpret evidence however I want, just as you can. I believe the information I do have access to is enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that bin Laden was partially responsible for 911. He may have had help, but he did it. I wonder that the leaders of our world have not come out, as you are, saying "Osama was not proven guilty of 911; this was an unlawful kill."  Is that because they're scared of the big bad terrorist bankrupt USA?
Musician - I interpret the evidence as proof that he was responsible for it, but not as proof that he had no help. I form my own ideas and opinions; this isn't rhetoric that I've heard from other people that they came up with. This is simply how I word my thoughts. Please stop assuming that everything that comes out of my mouth was inserted into my brain by the government; I formulate my own thoughts, and insinuations otherwise are getting tiresome and rude. I am not...
Chamomile Girl, if an administration targets unarmed civilians , I think it's evil. Our government has done evil things; I would never deny that. That doesn't make our government eternally and perpetually evil, and it doesn't make AQ's actions any less evil. hakeber - The SEALs job is not just to be in danger, but also to ensure that all of their teammates come home alive. I have faith in the current administration. We haven't neutralized al Qaeda, but it does weaken...
I am going to have to think long and hard about several of those questions before answering them, but I don't think that terrorism is manifested only through violence. No, airplanes into buildings is not worse than bombs on cities, no matter who is doing it and no, it's not just governments and their armies that can be participants in war. I don't condone trade sanctions that harm innocent citizens either. When we fight wars, we should do what harms the government, not...
I don't know it either; only they do. But I've seen numerous sources say that he was reaching for a weapon and that weapons were within arm's reach. Even if he wasn't reaching for a weapon, our guys had no way of knowing what he was doing when he made the "threatening move." He could have been reaching for a gun, and he might have been about to pick a wedgie. We don't know, and they probably didn't either. They knew what he was capable of, though, and they knew they were...
Our government is riddled with flaws, but I do have a significant amount of faith in the spirit of America and the principles upon which are government was founded. I trust Obama as a leader; I voted for him, but I don't allow him or anyone else to tell me what to believe. I know the history regarding the US and the Middle East well enough to understand how complicated terrorism is, and learning more won't make me deny terrorism; terrorism is very real, and everyone who...
eclipse, I am waiting while the legal scholars debate the legality of this, but I do think it is in keeping with international law. We didn't assassinate the leader of a country/nation; we assassinated the head of a terrorist organization. hakeber, the confession tapes haven't been shown to be fakes, and 911 hasn't been proven to have been done by anyone other than bin Laden. At this time both of those theories are considered to be conspiracy theories, ones that I...