or Connect

Posts by mamawanabe

Quote: Originally Posted by Stevi Since you didn't start getting fertile CM until 9dpo, I'd say it's unlikely you're pregnant. Unless you DTD again recently! No - we are far too busy and tried during the week; we're strickly weekenders However, CM prior to day 9 is unclear since day 6 I was still spotting from af and day 7 and 8 I wasn't paying attention. I only started paying attention on day 9 because, in a conversation with a friend,...
So sex last friday night, which was day 6 of my cycle. Haven't been charting, but my cycle has seemed REALLY short lately. CM (sticky to watery) on days 9-11. No CM on day 12. Watery CM today (day 13). Today I did an ovulation kit, and there is no surge. I'll test again tomorrow. I've been taking ambien and drinking wine, so I am really hoping I am not pregnant this go round. Is it possible I am?
Quote: Originally Posted by dharmamama According to Desta, she has no feelings at all. She was not sad when her parents died, she was not sad when she was sent to the orphanage, she is neither happy nor sad about being adopted, she was neither scared nor excited to come to America, she neither likes nor dislikes it here. Not once during the entire session did she ever admit to having any feelings at all at any time in her life. oh, poor baby
Quote: Originally Posted by RockStarMom I find it completely unfair to ban a topic AFTER the assignment has been written. I would keep a record of things like this and write a letter to the dean/department chair/etc. after the class is completed. I'm so sorry your birth story wasn't given the respect it deserves. Your story is sacred. I shared my birth story in my writing class, and I know what a big deal it is to share something so personal. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Momma Aimee I disagree -- I for one do not believe in transparent pareting. I do not think ou need to expalin to your child, any child, how each and every decision you make is reached. I don't tell DH I made his favorite dinner cuz he's been grumpy all week -- that will jsut put him on the denfensive about being grumpy or lead him to think i always have a motive for being nice. Interesting. I guessI do believe...
I worry about the girls, about the pictures ending up spread around. I worry about the wanton risk in all their behaviors (son's too). Sex happened early with all my friends (14 and no later than 16). This was the 1980s. But it was, almost exclusively, within the confines of a relationship. They slept with their boyfriends or girlfriends. I actually think it was a good thing (the sex), good in the sense that it was healthy or at least not particularly harmful (the...
Oh, and I might keep the paying related just to the chores so that it doesn't create some kind of unhealthy tit for tat family dynamic of I'll do this for you if you pay me. It makes a lot of sense with the chores (and maybe school work - things that are like JOBS), but families doen't pay each other for rides and spinach heating etc. I just think that this could escalate into the yucky zone if you aren't careful. I like how the nerws rules have helped you remove your...
Quote: Originally Posted by dharmamama Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. If missing the bus becomes any more of a habit, then we'll certainly consider it. She was very worried about being late to school this morning, so perhaps the lateness itself will deter her in the future. She doesn't like to ride the bus, so I think she figured, "Hey, if Daddy's going to drive me, why worry about making the bus?" Well, she found out this morning that missing the bus...
I think its fine. I liked playing by myself when I was a kid. Had lots of fun on the playground. I'm sure adults thought it "sad," but had a great time. Now, in 4th or 5th - 7 grade, I struggled a lot socially. Felt akward etc. But I still had a couple good friends, and all in all my socially isolated/inept childhood didn't stop it from being a happy one nor me from being fairly well adjusted socially as an adult (again, fairly well. Cocktail parties are work).
Quote: Originally Posted by PatioGardener IBCLC = international board certified lactation consultant. That is an LC who has been certified and you know has training to a certain standard. Sometimes the LCs in hospitals are not actually certified LCs, rather they are post-partum nurses with some breastfeeding knowledge. This can be fine if everything goes well, but if things aren't going well they may not have the skills and knowledge to help. I'm...