or Connect

Posts by mamawanabe

I don't mind crap (and I don't mind much worse either; I have no problem with "bad" words - my parents didn't believe in bad words either and so it is a non-issue for me). But I wouldn't allow namecalling or any sort, so jerk would be out. I'd let "stupid" pass when attributed to things ("this stupid program won't let me type") but not to people.
Quote: Originally Posted by aaronsmom That's sad. What if the little boy grows up thinking it's perfectly safe and normal to smoke? He lives in the world. He will grow up knowing it isn't safe to smoke even if noone irl ever says negative stuff about smoking. Both my parents smoked in the 70s early 80s and no one we knew said anything to us about smoking, but we still grew up knowing that smoking eventually caused cancer and wrinkles. None of...
It is hard to ignore maternal instincts with a girl as insanely vulnerable as Britney. Just want to brush her hair and make her tea and give her a hug.
she pushes all my rescue buttons. I just want to save her. Or someone to save her. Or one friggin person to not sell her out to the tabloids. I knew there was something seriously wrong with her a year ago when she was going out alone switching clouthes with club dancers. This girl has no one. And everybody in her life (except those babies) just wants a piece of her. I do think think she has some serious mental illness(es). But, sadly, some of the crazy - ie....
Quote: Originally Posted by lolalola I think it's because she wears her vunerability on her sleeve. yep, I'm a sucker for that. It isn't just the pretty girl self-destructing (though that is an attracting story), it is the vulerbility. How can you not respond to that with sympathy. I keep hoping someone can save her. I have absoluely no interest in pop music and was already in grad school when brit came out, but I am rooting for her hard...
Quote: Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog Rude and horrible and over the top is Sarah Silverman's shtick in a nutshell. yes, and "aren't I cute when I say f***" . It is her entire schick. She better stay cute or she'll have no career.
Quote: Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam I'll admit that I know very little about emo these days. However, as someone who used to cut, I can assure you that that behavior is almost always done from depression, and almost never from social pressure. People have these weird ideas about cutters, and most are absolutely untrue. I promise to not highjack the thread anymore. yes and no. a person isn't going to cut just becuase their friends...
Quote: Originally Posted by ryansma I think it's sad that you feel like you missed out on something. I think it also speaks to this current culture of endorsing casual sex for just the reasons you stated. Ha ha, no. I am not plugged into contemporary culture at all (don't even own a TV, watch a movie a year, read books that were pretty much all written prior to 1950 and usually prior to1900). My regret of not having sex with boy/guyfriends...
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama There must be a way to bring those costs down. not when it is run for profit
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama That's exactly what I mean. In the U.S., one bad accident or illness can totally wipe you out, whether you have insurance or not. There's got to be a better way. but isn't there maximum out of pocket. So even if you ahve 80/20. you maximum out of pocket per year is like 2500.