or Connect

Posts by *caitlinsmom*

Really, OK, grandma needs a safe place for the baby to sleep while she watches him during the day. It's not so bad. and for the record, My DD (almost two) sleeps in a crib in her own room too. She slept in our room in a pack n play and in our bed (about 50-50) until she was fifteen months old, but she just wouldn't go to sleep around that age. In desperation we tried putting her down in her own room, and viola, it worked! I'd prefer to continue co-sleeping with her,...
Dh is irish and wanted our child to have an irish name. Good thing I like Irish names too. When we found out DD was ont he way we sat down and came up with a girl's and a boy's name in about an hour... Caitlin for a girl and Aidan for a boy. DH was pretty convinced that we would have Aiden until the US confirmed that we would have a Caitlin. Her middle name is my DH's grandmother's maiden name... she is the last Merrigan still living so we used that as DD's middle...
egg whites? Edamame? fish? Shellfish? chickpeas? Legumes? Lentils? I'm a carb freak too, and trying to limit them... and these above are some of my favorites.
After eating a lot of indian food, and reading a lot of recipes for good indian food, here is what I have learned: It's all in how you season it. So, you need to go out and buy some indian seasonings: chili powder tumeric asofetida cumin ground ginger garam masala there a bunch more that I am not thinking of, this is just off the top of my head. I have made a real fast channa Vazi --- takes about five minutes: 1 large can chick peas 1 can of...
Yea! Good for you! It is possible to friends with the "enemy" ... In our case, I'm the step mom, and beleive it or not, bio mom is my best friend! It took a few years, but it really can happen!
My DH has a son from a previous marriage. He was almost 11 when I had DD. We tried to involve him in the pregnancy as much as he was comfortable with it. He went to the ultrasound with us and was so excited when he found out that he was going to have a little sister! DH made a concerted effort to do "guy" things with him, and still does. DSS is much more involved with DD than I ever thought he would be... he loves to play with her, makes funny faces at her... much more...
DD is almost two. Her half brother (my step son) is twelve. He stays with us every summer for two months, june and july. It has been tough with him leaving this year. DD misses him so much! She walks around looking for him and calling his name! It just makes me want to cry. I feel so bad that she will grow up with her brother there only some of the time! Yesterday she was looking at some framed pictures that were on an end table. She picked up the picture of her...
Oh, yes... they are the cutest crowd!!
congrats and good luck! Sending positive vibes to you!
Right there with you. I am quite certian, based on those who have used this excuse in the last few years, and what is known about those persons "habits" shall we say, that "exhaustion" is celebspeak for "overdose" !