or Connect

Posts by Carrissa

Daddy with his crazy girls on Father's Day 2012    
We have not vaxed for anything in my house and I have a 7 yo and a 5 yo and am due in 3 weeks with baby #4 (also have a 21 yo who doesn't live at home). My 7 yo has had a runny nose for more than a month now and a cough for the last couple of weeks that didn't seem to get better so we took her into our ped on Monday to see what he thought. He did the nasal swab test for pertussis which just came back positive. He also started her on the antibiotic on Monday just in case...
We have not vaxed for anything in my house and I have a 7 yo and a 5 yo and am due in 3 weeks with baby #4 (also have a 21 yo who doesn't live at home). My 7 yo has had a runny nose for more than a month now and a cough for the last couple of weeks that didn't seem to get better so we took her into our ped on Monday to see what he thought. He did the nasal swab test for pertussis which just came back positive. He also started her on the antibiotic on Monday just in case...
The thing with it was that she never said I had excessive bleeding or that it was too much blood to be comfortable with. I wasn't even lightheaded and yet, she was like a nazi about it. It was not a massage - punching was a more accurate term!    
Just wanted to tell you that my business is stamped jewelry. My business is called The Silver Diva and we have been featured by Good Morning America, Martha Stewart Living and Real Simple.  We do rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. and have a huge selection which you can find at www.the-silver-diva.com. :) We specialize in maternity and birth jewelry as well. :) We would love to help you create the perfect gift!   Warmly, Carrissa
Hi all,   We're moving back to Cincinnati (Mason area in particular) in July after living near Seattle since 1998. I'm scared to try to find a pediatrician there who will not give us grief about our non-vaxing decision for our children. Anyone have a recommendation? Would really appreciate it! I will travel outside of Mason of course for the right fit. Thanks!    
I'm going to have my 4th baby in April (3rd VBAC). 5 years ago I had my 3rd girl which was an all natural hypnobabies birth at a hospital. After I had her, the nurse literally pushed over and over and over again on my stomach getting more blood to come out each time and citing that it was "necessary" to do so. I felt that she was using as much pressure as she could with both hands on my stomach pumping vigorously and more than a bit EVIL! My thought was that the blood...
Yes, definitely will do that, but would like to see the new guidelines she is talking about. 
I also have had two gd pregnancies, but she didn't know that as she is a new midwife for me. I want to see whatever she is talking about in Jan. that changed how to do this so there is no more 1 hour test. I found the IADPSG panel that suggested new guidelines, but nowhere in there did it say anything about doing this twice for people with high BMI. Does anyone have this information?
Went to the midwife today and the glucose test was brought up - I'm 13 weeks. She said that I would have to have the glucose test done TWICE this pregnancy - once I think at 20 weeks and another at 35 weeks? Can't remember the exact weeks. She said they changed the standard in Jan. and it's no longer just a 1 hour first either. She said that you fast, they take your blood, you drink the stuff, then blood test at 1 hour and then another at 2 hours for both tests. She said...