or Connect

Posts by ~Demeter~

I had 3 sons before my daughters... so while I'm no longer mama to just boys, I was that mama for 12 years before being blessed with my first daughter and then 3 years later another daughter and now another daughter. :)
I've always used the soft sole shoes on mine... they can even be worn BEFORE they are walking, if you like the 'cute' factor. I like sweet little baby toes so I tend to keep their feet bare as much as possible, lol. My 4.5 year old still has a pair of soft sole shoes that she wears around. I got them on ebay and they go up some pretty big sizes. They were cheaper and better made than the ones at Target which are the brand I typically get. :) I'll have to see if I can...
I hand express as needed and I tend to have MASSIVE oversupply for the first 4 months. I wouldn't buy a pump at this point unless you feel you will absolutely need it.   Is there a reason you don't feel you'll be able to successfully breastfeed? My advice would be to find a local LLL chapter and get in NOW before baby comes so you can ask questions and normalize yourself to breastfeeding in general. If there's something more going on there's all sorts of ways to feed...
Ninetales... the gauze wrap is no sew.       And why... hello product spam, lol.
Try when she first wakes in the morning and after a nap... she's (generally) guaranteed to go successfully at those times and then you can clap and be all enthusiastic about her being successful without doing the whole schedule thing.
When I hear of the taking them at certain times/intervals I think of how my grandma did it... and it wasn't gentle. She expected you to go. I was potty trained before I was 15 mos though supposedly of my own accord. I kind of doubt that though. I just prefer a relaxed approach with it being their decision to go... the latest I had one potty learn by this method was my 3rd son at 3.5. He's just got a very relaxed attitude in general and would prefer if the world did...
I'm also 21 weeks today... half way there! lol   I'm feeling LOTS of consistent movement every day now and my family is able to feel baby on the outside. I feel like I'm so small this time around... I was so BIG with my last two, but I'm measuring consistently for me (2cms ahead) and things seem to be going good.   I'm tired and hungry a lot, lol. I think this means baby is growing and fast. I went to my oldest son's first band gig on Saturday at 10pm (which...
Actually most of the EC'ers I've know do equate EC'ing with EARLY potty learning. Not equating it to potty training because that would mean instead of paying attention to your child's cues you are just placing them on the potty at prescribed intervals. In my experience though... EC'ing did lead to an earlier interest in the potty (or perhaps it's just girls? ).   We were never successful at catching poops... both of my daughters are very much against being moved...
LOL I find that for some reason I'm quite passionate about the potty learning topic... I don't know if it's because I've done it so many times or what. With both girls I practiced EC very loosely (I have too many others to devote myself entirely to just one that way) and while I think it's awesome to introduce the potty when they are little I think it's terrible to push potty learning before they are ready... more work for you and more stress for the little one.
I am not a fan of ring slings... for me it's the ring. It presses on places that cause me pain, clog my milk ducts... no matter how I adjust it. Mind you, I'm very petite so there's not a lot of space for me to place the ring. I do like two pouches though or you can even take a small, snug t-shirt and chop it to fit around the opposite shoulder to create a more supportive, comfortable 'wrap' type carry. :)