or Connect

Posts by ~Demeter~

I tandem nursed my girls... they had a very special bond because of it, though I was very unable to nurse them at the same time. Sage had her side and the baby got both sides. Sage got the bonus of draining engorged breasts for me... which ROCKED especially in those early days. (i have a crazy abundant oversupply) I think there are definite ways you can set ground rules without depriving either nursling. I had to find what worked for me... I enjoyed reading that book...
My 4 year old was a fluke... she potty learned all by herself at just past 2. She's an independent creature though... the rest of my kids and all the others that I've had the pleasure of knowing at this stage were all 3+. I, personally, wouldn't even make it an issue until that point. I think it's not a horrible thing to introduce it, to encourage it, to make it fun but never to enforce or push before they're ready... because honestly?? It's far more work for you. Take...
About $60 for a good one... and 20-30 for an okay one. :)
:) Nothing wrong with bribery (says a mama of 5), if it works. I will suggest that you continue to keep the no sweat no pressure approach even if he seems to 'get it' before baby comes. I say this because it is very likely he will have some regressions after babe arrives. Mine always did... and also none of my boys had the maturity for full time potty learning until around the age of 3. I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with introducing the potty, following their...
If you aren't happy, switch. :) I switched around 20ish weeks with my 4th and was SO grateful. I found a REALLY excellent family practitioner that delivered and his staff has just been amazing. :)
I have a doppler... and as much Zen as I put out there, to me this pregnancy wasn't 'real' until I was able to actually have something tangible. Mainly, for me, because I was totally unaware that this little soul was making it's way in. I try not to use my doppler too frequently but it's nice to have the option if I feel the need and it's giving me a connection to a pregnancy that I really wasn't connected to. It was worth the money, in my opinion, to buy the doppler......
Nursing hasn't been so bad this time around for me. When I was nursing through my last pregnancy I was so uncomfortable and touched out, but not this time around. I've still got quite a bit of milk left, enough that I'm still feeling let down on one side and can hear her sweet little guzzly swallow, lol. Last time my milk dried up by like 12-14 weeks and I dry nursed for quite awhile. I had moments where things did get better but the discomfort never full went away. I'm...
It is absolutely not abnormal to feel no movement prior to 20 weeks in any pregnancy.... You have to take into consideration many things, baby's size and then placental placement (if it's more in the front in the beginning, not anterior necessarily just how it comes up in the beginning weeks) can mute early movement. I wouldn't worry that you aren't feeling movement at all yet. :)
I'm able to carry off back carries no problem...it's just a bit of a pain to put her up there either in the cold or in the store but it's what I'll need to do, if I put her in the basket she takes that as her cue to be as wild as possible, lol.   I totally am showing BUT because I had lost a bunch of weigh in the 6 mos leading up to conception I am still able to fit in normal clothes, lol. :) It is very like my first pregnancy.My last 2 pregnancies I could fit in my...
I was wearing my 15 month old while shopping yesterday in our pouch sling... our go to carrier for outings... and I think I'm going to have to use something else for the interim. I'm sore on the one side of my pubic bone. I know it has everything to do with alignment and wearing 20 pounds on one side definitely doesn't do much to keep things aligned, lol.