or Connect

Posts by Mariposa

I do not like the new TP either. I won't even look there now. It confuses me and I have other places I can shop. I think it should go back to the old way and maybe have people pay a small fee to get access or something? I don't know what the solution is.
I do not hide it, but I don't bring it up unless asked. My close friend's and family know and while they may not support my decision, they respect it. I do worry about losing friends or having them not want to play with my kids, etc, but so far, it hasn't been an issue. I did lose one friend, but that was a combo issue of me not vaxing and doing CLW. Life goes on. We homeschool and there are families in our group that don't, families that selectively vax and...
non-vaxing RN here!! i don't work right now, but i worked in postpartum (mother/baby) and always avoided giving the Hep B. most nurses just handed the consent form to them and they would say "you need to sign this so i can give your baby their hep B vaccine." i would always ask if they had read the information about it and if they said no, i would tell them to read it when they had a chance and make sure all their questions were answered before signing the consent...
Yesterday, I found my 5 year old DD under the covers in my room with the door shut. I thought she was just hiding, lifted the covers, to find a naked from the waist down DD and some of her Barbies. I asked what she was doing and she said nothing. I wouldn't have worried had their been no Barbies there (since around 4 she discovered that my hand held back massager felt really good "down there" LOL), but the idea of objects made me a little worried. I told her that I...
oops. double post. i hit the back button. sorry.
great thread! we started abby's kindergarten year the first week of august. i had big plans, but we really are taking it easy. she does starfall.com for phonics/reading, we rotate between math u see primer and power K (from singapore math) and for handwriting it is mostly free practice. i read a lot of books about different subjects to her and we talk about them and that is about it. we also read books in spanish since we are a bilingual family. we plan on doing more...
i think abby was about 3 when she started wiping herself. she has always been very independent that way. she potty learned at 21 months completely (i never changed a poopy diaper after 17 months with her. ) and wanted to wipe herself way before i started letting her. no issues, so i kept letting her.
Quote: Originally Posted by MtBikeLover I have always said "Only mommy, daddy or the doctor, if mommy and daddy say it is ok, can touch your private areas" because we still have to wipe, clean, apply diaper rash ointment, etc. to our children's private areas. So what do you say to kids if this is still the situation? Maybe I should list those exceptions? Truly curious here...no snark at all well, i should have added that we have...
haven't read all the responses, but we are getting this DVD from the library. my friend really liked it. http://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Safet.../dp/B0009LS9Y4 as for the stranger danger. when dealing with strangers and sexual abuse, etc. please don't use strangers. when i was little, stranger danger was popular, don't let a stranger touch you etc. my sister and i were sexually abused by my dad's best friend/boss. he wasn't a stranger. who knows what we might have...
Well, we have a sort of schedule that we follow. We do 15 minutes of math, phonics/letters, and handwriting each day, which for us is M-Th. We go to our homeschool group park day every F, which we do book club right before and girl scouts after every other F, so that is plenty. We read lots of books. Every W, we go to the library to get new books and she goes to a story/song time. I get books on specific topics, science stuff (we love Magic School Bus), history,...