or Connect

Posts by marymom

I like that...something between my teeth- haha, my toungue- I have a baby who was "stuck" and has erbs palsy as a result- there is a large # of women that I actually work with that believe in spreading awareness thatyou need C secs if your babies are large- their babies were injured ...Ive heard wild stories- bottom line- I share my truths with them- and if they do not wish to adapt them into their way of lving I have no control over it- and I must respect their choice as...
I know a doula who works in NY that may be close- I met her last year at THE FARM and she is the coolest of the coolest- she does hospitals and homebirths- You ,ofcourse, should meet a few and decide who gets along best with you- but this lady has knowledge intuition and experience with birth-she also knows other doulas in the area- Im thinking NY is close, if Im wrong please ignore her email is lilwyzeone@aol.com tell her marymom from S FL sent you she doesnt...
When I was at THE FARM in august I brought my older daughter and nursing toddler, the older daughter to watch the nursing toddler, There was a lunch break and a break before dinner-(ahhhhhh dinners on the farm, very nice indeed- but without family) The days were long but it was do-able...and they passed quickly- and they were priceless ! There are several homes and available living areas for women who have accompanying family or whathave you for minimal small extra $- I...
thankyou ALL believe it or not...this is not the firsttime Ive been around the critters,(6 kids, need I say more) but last time, about 3 years ago,was the first time I didnt use the pesticides- I used oil and got rid of them easily(or it could be selective memory) but this time...it hasnt been easy- so Im going to try ONE MORE natural treatment...and(lowers head) I bought the spray stuff for the bike helmits- -I havent used it yet...what do yall think- do I need to spray...
ok, we were visiting my MOM in Atlanta, I had 4 of the kids with me, I am single- and I notice my almost 3 year old itching his head...alot- ok I found lice right away in his very thin hair- I thought everyone must be infested,I searched, but they werent- JUST ME so, NOT wanting to use pesticide and NOT wanting to take a fine tooth comb and pull my toddlers hairs out one by one...I just shaved his head...boom gone for him the end- now what about me- I thought , Ill do tea...
There is no way Id be able to do any of the clinics while mothering a baby or toddler(thats why Im still not a midwife-but thats ok But like you are probably figuring, the pre reqs would be perfect for you to get started on!!! If I remember correctly- GA doesnt have DEM(direct entry level) midwives, so I assume the midwife certification you would be persuing is a certified nurse midwife(CNM)-There are some inherent differences- like...in GA (now I could be really wrong- I...
according to Webster luxury is "the enjoyment of the best and most costly things" so, I am changing my earlier stance - maybe its not a luxury- altho I think that AP might be a more desireable way to raise my children and might have more benefits, (and I use the term AP loosely- I hardly come under any specific category ) I think that it doesnt "cost" me more I do think tho- that the anger with which many parent with is not simply a default mechanism born of personal...
I am in S Florida and hey RUBYM I took the doula course up in Seattle in...95 I think(sister lives up there on Orcas)...altho I was working as a volunteer doula in Austin TX years before that- but I havent done any births in a few years (except my own,lol)and Ruby- I also was at THE FARM this summer!! I was at the August session- which one did you attend? Which session will you be going back for? I was hoping to return in April for the labor assistant 2 class- I loved it...
hello hello, its me marymom, I posted a few times on the teen board in the old boards- welcome back to the USA- have fun with those lights- peace man!
ok, Im probably exceeding my # of replies to this issue but I was thinking the other day as I spat out my rather hasty post above that maybe it would be more comfortable to have exchange on this if we all had a common definition of what luxury is- ALl these labels drive me crazy and I may be out of my league but I think good parenting is a luxury- and as someone else said it well- also an excellant investment- but the rich always get richer and rich CAN be a state...