or Connect

Posts by miasandhadleysmom

I am so so sorry. My mom has some issues with money too and it makes it very hard. I am sure you already know this, but really, it is not about money with your mom- it is probably something bigger that is bothering her- something that is much bigger than money and no matter how much you spent, it wouldn't make a difference because it is only something that she can change- nothing to to do with you or your brother. It is very hard when you have a person like that in your...
Thank you all for your very thoughtful and wise responses. I think I just needed to hear some of these things. We have been fortunate to live in some great school districts but the downside of that is that you do have that weird competitive vibe with some of the parents and even if it is just a few parents, they always seem to be so loud. There are other kids in my children's school now that struggle with learning issues too and the reason my children are there is that the...
Thank you so much Dalia. I so needed to read that. I also wished that my children would be kind souls and if there is one thing that they do excel in, it is that and I am very thankful. Thanks for the kind words. 
I feel like the schooling part of parenting is so so hard and I am so sick of hearing about people with children who do so well in school. My children (8th grade and 2nd grade) are both struggling learners. Both struggling learners who want so badly to do well and often cannot. My oldest was tested privately and does have a slight disability but not enough of one to really qualify for any help. It is so hard as a parent because I try to help but they often fall to pieces...
Yes it is very possible. I think children are just starting to figure out power at this age and they are trying out how it feels to be powerful over another child. This is why good preschools are so important (not to mention, hiring and paying preschool teachers who are well educated on child development well). Dialogue about how people should treat each other and how people feel should start early and be a true focus of preschool and kindergarten. This is where the focus...
Wow- thanks for the suggestions and the link. I love the idea of a school psychologist. I just think all of the schooling that lies ahead scares me but maybe that is silly. I guess you have to follow what you really love and not worry as much about the job market. I was originally going to become a school counselor but I was talked out of it because of all of the budget cuts. I know the state I live in has a shortage of school psychologists though. I am glad to hear that...
Hi there,  I am trying and trying to make this decision and finally decided I should ask out there in the world and see if anyone can give me some good information. I am currently in a graduate program for certification and a masters in Early Childhood Education and Special Education. I have done a year and while I love working with children, especially at the kindergarten age, my heart has always been more in the counseling area rather than academic. I went with Early...
We are in the same position as you except we  have two children. We actually left a really great school district because exactly what you are talking about- the kids that were excelling got so much attention and there was so much stress (5 tests every Friday in 2nd grade!). We actually took a chance and moved across country so we could afford a small private school. My older daughter is mildly dyslexic and was denied help at her public school. We found the most amazing...
This ad makes me so so angry. Have they looked into who has funded all of the studies about this. I am sure it is companies that make baby furniture!    
Thank you for posting this. It is very brave because people can be really judgmental. I am having a really tough day and I really needed to see something like your post to let me feel like I am not the only one. Sometimes, I feel like when I see friend's posts on facebook or talk to other parents, that everyone is so happy and feels so blessed and I end up feeling so guilty for feeling frustrated and angry. It just really helped a lot to read this and all of the great...