or Connect

Posts by josybear

Hello Thanks for all the supportive and helpful replies.  He is still being evaluated (it takes fooorever!) and several potential diagnoses are being discussed, but the schitzophrenia is the one that, unfortunately, fits him best. in my fantasies it all turns out to be a simple vitamin deficiency, but I know it's more permanent, difficult, and scary than that. i'm sure you all understand that secret, unrealistic hope. for now his violent outbursts are manageable, but...
you guys are awesome. thanks so much.
my 6 year old is being evaluated for pediatric schitzophrenia, and from what I have gleaned from google, it appears to be at least part of his diagnostic profile. that or ASD/ ODD, but that feels incomplete for what we're dealing with.   he is very introverted, to the point of attacking people who try to engage him. he has bizarre, terrifying, unprovoked rage fits. he spends days on end in his own little world, and no one can reach him. he deliberately hurts and...
subscribing. because I have no advice but desperately wish I knew how to handle this...
that's some good advice. thanks! I will develop something on paper this week. maybe a monthly worksheet so I can keep track of my savings categories or something. excellent.   regarding the car - I am not a car person. at all. and I live in an area where gas costs a lot. under these circumstances would you: a. buy a small, new-ish car, with cash pros: -bought with cash! -new-ish! -cheap on gas cons: - I can buy an almost-new tiny little hatchback, but...
Hello   I am a single parent. I’ve always lived well below the poverty line.  This September I am starting a real live grown up job that will pay me 4x what I’m used to living on. I need advice so I don’t go hog wild and make a bunch of rookie mistakes with my newfound riches. Certain of my expenses will go up drastically. I’ll lose my childcare subsidy, for example, so daycare will go from $40/month to $600/month or more. I will have to pay for parking downtown...
i just finished my 4 year bsw in 3 years, and am starting my master's in the fall. i've worked my ass off every minute of the day for years, but i've been given support from the most unlikely of places (and no support from people i thought i could count on) and offered a ton of amazing opportunities.  i have no regrets. it's definitely impacted my kids. balancing their needs with a super demanding school schedule has been a real challenge, one i've failed at many...
i second this.
i never liked my last name before i was married and i didn't like my married name, so this year i legally changed my name to my great grandmother's name, and i love it. it was a hugely empowering, emancipatory experience. also a lot of paperwork.
if my ex forgets coats, lunch bags, whatever, he has to go home and bring them for me. maybe doing that once or twice for that looong drive will help him be more careful.