or Connect

Posts by KHalton

Last night Christine knocked a glass off the table and it broke. All of the girls started crying immediately. I thought they were just scared because of the sound. Then both Christine and Hailey got up and started to pull their pants down. I just watched them. I didn't know what they were doing. They were both sobbing really hard and Amy was crying too but wouldn't look at me. I finally asked them what they were doing and Hailey told me that they were bad and to please do...
I am trying to decide how to get these kids to the dentist. I scheduled it for today, then changed it. Now it's scheduled for Thursday, but I think I should change it again. All of them have cavities. I can tell that just by looking. I have to brush their teeth for them because they don't know how. They probably never did it. Hailey's are of course the worst, because she's older. Should I do them all in one day? I'm thinking that might not be a good idea. Should I do...
Thank you everyone for your advice and support. Hailey and Benny are awake right now watching tv (I bought one last night) but the other two are still sleeping. I know I should be with them and not online, but I'm scared of them. Letting them watch tv is so much easier right now than trying to relate to them. Today they go to the doctor and we go grocery shopping and get their car seats checked at the fire house. I rescheduled their dental visits for Thursday but now I...
I have recently taken custody of my sister's 4 young children, three girls ages 6, 4, and 3 and a 2 year old boy. She died 6 days ago of a heroin overdose. Right now, I am still trying to grasp everything and I haven't really disciplined them at all. I did tell them on Saturday that there were rules with me- speak nicely, no hitting, eat good food, no tv at bedtime, etc. But I haven't really enforced anything and I haven't punished them for bad behavior. I did not...
Stellimamo- My sister died last week and I am worried about a whole lot of things. Nutrition, car seats, vaccines, sleeping arrangements, health insurance, education, child care, cavities, tv, transportation, circumcision, health records, custody, HIV status, mental health, and a whole lot more. Not to mention that even though my sister has been out of my life for years and I don't approve of how she lived her life, she was still my sister and now she's dead. I have never...
Oh thank you all of you! I did go to the circumcision board. I am so glad I did. It never ever occured to me that circumcision wasn't mandatory. I won't do that to him. No way. I thought it was the right thing to do to him, I am so glad I figured it out now! As for their car seats, I am absolutely buying them new ones as soon as I leave work. I had one 'come hell or high water' meeting this morning and another one in about 20 minutes. They're at home now with a friend of...
My sister died last week and I now have custody of her 6, 4, and 3 year old daughters and her 2 year old son. The most recent health records I can find for them are from 2003, when the three year old was only a few months old and before the baby was even born. I do not know what vaccines they have had, if any. I doubt she had insurance so she probably took them to the ER when they were sick. I know there is controversy surrounding childhood vaccinations. I haven't kept...
I never knew it was a bad thing to do. I never would have thought that. I doubt my sister did it for his wellbeing honestly. Maybe he got lucky by default, but I find it incredibly hard to believe she didn't circumcise him because she thought it would be better for him. I never once thought it was even an option. I thought it was just done. I've been pulling back the skin to clean it when I change his diaper because the social worker told me to. That's wrong too? I'm...
My sister died last week and I now have custody of her four children, one of whom is a 2 year old boy. He is not circumcised, probably because she never had the money to do it. I can't imagine her not wanting him circumcised. I just joined MDC ten minutes ago, and happened to notice this board. I am taking the kids to my family doctor tomorrow and intended to get a referral to someone to have Benny circumcised. I am new to all things child related, but I thought all...
My name is Kathleen. My sister died of a heroin overdose last week and I am the only family member left for her four young children. Hailey is 6, Cristine is 4, Amy is 3, and Benny is 2. Up until last week I didn't even know the younger two existed, and I had seen Hailey a few times as an infant and never seen Christine (though I knew she had her). I didn't speak to my sister because I was sick of her lying and stealing. Perhaps it was the wrong choice, but there is no...