or Connect

Posts by jaxinsmom

Thanks for all the replies, believe it or not I have tried them all....Unfortunately (or fortunately) she enjoys cleaning a lot and when we've cleaning up her messes in the past she's quite happy to do so, but it hasn't changed the behaviour. Here's what I know for certain: 1. this is attention seeking 2. this is a way to control her environment with something she feels she has little control over (bedtime) 3. she is spirited and independent and has been since...
total elimination reply -- i ignored the behaviour and took off her pj's and wiped her down and changed her sheets....problem is that now she does it within 10minutes of being put down to bed -- we'll here "mom, i peed" and she's peed the bed... If i try putting pull ups on she'll take them off, not sure what to do...
So my daughter has been toilet trained for over a year, but has recently began 'peeing' when she's upset or not getting what she wants. For example, last Thursday she was trying to sleep in her older brothers bedroom, and it was not working out (he was complaining that she kept talking) so I told her she needed to sleep back in her bedroom and brought her there -- she's saying to me "I need to go pee" and Im saying "ok, go and tell me when you're done and I'll come...
Quote: Originally Posted by Megs Mom Second the rec for Your Three Year Old. The authors are Ames and Ilg, and I have appreciated every book in the series. Same. I posted on here about a year and a half ago with a thread titled "does anyone else want to lock themselves in their bathroom, rather than dealing with their 3 yo?" I got a lot of responses, and one was the suggestion for this book -- IT SAVED MY LIFE!!!! There is no advice in...
OK, so I think it's safe to talk about the episode without spoiler tags since it has already aired...but that being said I really hope it doesn't turn into a show where they inch closer and closer to everyone's visions...but I think it will. REALLY -- how do you not say to your 6 yo "that's a really pretty bracelet, and I'm going to put it on another day when I'm wearing more red" or WHATEVER! Do SOMETHING to deviate from the flash you've seen! I like the suggestion...
am downloading it right now and SUPER excited to watch!
flashfoward. It's biling itself as the 'next Lost" which would be great, since this is the last season of lost and I want to watch a show that will pander UP to the audience.
Sorry, but when I read your question I did laugh to myself. Um, Im sure there are people out there who didn't have any trouble with the 3's. I don't know any of them, and if I met them I'd try and find out there secret! Fact is, when toddlers turn 3, there is such a huge change in independence and wanting to express themselves that it can be exausting. A friend of mine has a 7yo and a 4yo and when we were both talking about having a third, she said "I want another...
Quote: Originally Posted by pbjmama Yeah, those things all point to something gastro going on. Maybe dairy or wheat issue? Have you tried posting in health and healing? My ped is great but missed something in my ds. I think she is great and always willing to discuss things with me but a general doc doesn't always have the best understanding of complex issues. If you love your ped otherwise perhaps you could get a 2nd opinion or ask for a referral to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by pbjmama Explosive stools every time in the last week or for months? She has ALWAYS had loose stools. always. I can count the number of 'normal' stools on one hand. Again, I have brought this up to our doctor, but she has never seen a problem with it because DD is healthy in every other way. She has a difficult time gaining weight (spent a number of months in the bottom 15%) but she has an incredible apetite! She...