or Connect

Posts by dividedsky

you're not horrible - you have to do what you have to do! i think most of us have totally been there. if i'm going to be in a situation where i know my kids will need to be in a stroller, i try to kind of time it so that they'll be ready for a snack, and bring it along for them to munch in the stroller... so it's part bribe and part necessary snack
the thought crosses my mind. i have twins and they both like to run away from me. when i see people with toddlers who actually stay with their parents, it totally blows my mind! but i can't shake the feeling that i'd feel like a dog walker..... also, i feel like they'd just get annoyed with it and pull like an untrained dog.... sorry about all of the dog analogies! i think it's kind of funny i guess what i'm getting at is that i have absolutely no problem...
i had a short cervix. will post more later, or feel free to PM w/specific questions!
my kids always match. but that's because most of their clothes are solids or stripes, and rarely deviate from a palette of grey, navy, green, brown, black, yellow, orange with a smattering of purple blue, most of which kind of go together..... i'm just not into prints. i guess that's making my life easier, eh?
the first year was definitely really hard. but when i look back, i am just so incredibly PROUD of myself that i did it. like, i can't even believe that i did it. i'm so proud that i nursed them for 15 months. and when i see them running around, accomplishing a new feat, whatever, i sometimes think back to that crazy first year and think wow... look what a great job i did. i have these two amazingly sweet toddlers, so incredibly different from each other in appearance...
consider this - i have a set of twins, who will be 2 in january. i have no help. my husband works, our families are 2 and 3 hours away. they really need to be out of the house sometimes. i bring them to playgrounds, parks, and a gymboree-type thing. since there's only one of me and two of them, well... someone is going to go roaming, and might get into a little trouble. of course i'll run over and intervene if something really weird or dangerous is going on, and of...
i give my 22-month-olds honey and maple syrup, no problem. peanuts, too!
10 months is such a crappy time for sleep. bottom line. and you have 2. double crappy! it's kind of a blur to me, but i think at that time i was still sleeping with both of them most of the night, with DH in another room. one on either side to facilitate nursing back to sleep as needed. the arrangement let everyone sleep as much as possible. i started them in their cribs for the night, but that's usually how we ended up. in hindsight, i was reliant on nursing...
Quote: Originally Posted by lkmiscnet HeLately, I've been going 6-7 hour stretches of not BFing during the day. I don't know if that is good or bad or a good start to the weaning process. Time will tell... that's how i started to wean. i know a lot of people cut out the night time first, but for me, it was easier to cut out daytime first. my boys (i have twins) were at the point where they were just nursing to sleep and at night for probably...
i nursed them, but had to give supplements for a while b/c my supply wasn't up to par. dealing with the formula was such a pain. i hated it, and did everything i could to get them off of the supplements. reason being: washing all of those bottles is so time-consuming, and such a drag. mixing up the bottles, so annoying. and it just smells so disgusting. it made their spit-up so yucky. nursing them was really hard in the very beginning, as my boys came 2 months...