or Connect

Posts by dividedsky

there are some basic elements that stay the same from day-to-day, even though activities change. wake around 7:30 breakfast play with toys, color, whatever while i clean up kitchen and see DH off to work 9:30ish - get dressed, go out and do something (grocery shopping, playdate, etc) 11ish - snack, hang out and read or do something mellow 11:30ish - nap 1:30ish - lunch some sort of activity... errands... go for a visit... run around in the yard... 4ish -...
Quote: Originally Posted by Llyra The first eight months or so with my twins were ROUGH. REALLY rough. ^^this. and i didn't even have an older one! they are my only. the first year is just so insane with two babies. you're so busy keeping them alive and fed that you can't even focus on how much you adore them, except for fleeting moments here and there... i totally get you. i always felt like if i had 1 baby it would be so much more...
my grandfather encouraged me to use my right hand as a kid, i vaguely remember..... it's an old-school weird thing
mine came at 32wks, 3.9lbs and 4.7lbs. at 20mos, the bigger one at birth is now 5lbs bigger than his brother - he is just built completely differently. people often don't think that they are twins. they're a shoe size apart, too... which actually works out well, since the smaller guy gets the bigger guy's hand-me-downs at birth, they both just looked like little babies... the difference didn't seem that huge then. as they got bigger and started to fill out, it...
i had an ambulance ride to the OR w/a section under general at 32 weeks (surprise!) + my guys were in the nicu for a month, so doesn't really apply to me. however! if they came at term, i think it would have been useful for sure! if nothing else, just to help hold them at the same time KWIM?
oh you'll need it! i tried tandeming with a boppy... not gonna happen
my twins are 20 months. they have completely different builds. one of them is a size 6, the other is in a 7 (he's 5lbs more than his bro!).
i weaned my twins completely at 15mos. they were down to only nursing to sleep and at night, and night time was just getting out of control. they were stuck on nursing to sleep, and back to sleep, and it was making them totally miserable. they started sleeping through the night within days. they were and are totally, completely, 100% fine. i weaned them very gradually, starting at a year. maybe some kids are good with the extended breastfeeding, but mine were ready...
which one? just don't get that mobi tyke light - they break in like 2 seconds! my initial 2 broke, they sent 2 more, and they broke, too....
i couldn't nurse them both lying down - if my boobs were bigger, maybe, but i was a b to begin with and when my milk came in i was a REALLY FULL b () so it just wasn't happening for me. i slept in the ez2nurse pillow, with 10000 pillows behind me and babies on top, for like 3 months. uncomfortable? kind of. could i pee at night? no. but i got to sleep in big stretches without moving too much, which was amazing and entirely worth it!