or Connect

Posts by dividedsky

^^ cuisinart the whole tomato, sans goo that i squeeze out into a bowl and use for something else strain the goo and it's "tomato water" - fancy!
i was in that exact same boat. like, i could have written your post. it was bad... one night, i just got totally fed up. it was obvious that the nursing back to sleep wasn't doing the trick any more. until then, i was afraid to NOT do it, because it was all that i really knew. anyway, i got to my breaking point and decided to night wean. it was 2-3 long nights of getting everyone adjusted, and then, magically, i kid you not..... they were both sleeping through...
my 20-month-olds only drink water + are totally cool with it. i never started with the juice. they drink whole milk once in a blue moon, like if i make zucchini bread or something and they have a piece i'll give them a little milk to wash it down...
i hoist my kids up to the sink, let them rinse their brushes and put them away. then i cup my hand and kind of... squish water in their mouths? that sounds awful, but they actually love it! they've got the spitting pretty much down now, i guess it's just instinctual. if they were using a cup though, they would definitely just drink it. anyway, that's what i do. my kids are ~20mos
my lazy/busy person's way of doing it from fresh tomatoes is to cut them in half, squeeze as much goo out as possible, toss in cuisinart. saute much, much garlic in olive oil with a smidge of salt, add tomato, cook down, add herbs and adjust seasonings. the skins are not unpleasant this way, as if the tomatoes were diced.
if she has a bunch of kids already... i bet she doesn't even care. it's probably not even an issue. and if she does get weird about your kid being developmentally ahead, then well... that's her issue. i wouldn't sweat it. to be honest, i think it's kind of neurotic to get all worked up about small developmental differences among kids of the same age (as long as they're not scary-big differences). i have enough of my own neuroses to deal with, so i choose not to...
...that toddlers are so much fun? the first year - exhausting, insane, yikes. the second year - crazy fun! my guys are coming on 20 months, and i'm just digging it so much, tantrums and all....
my kids were on a twin mattress on the floor at ~15/16mos (i forget). i've never had any trouble. i know some kids love the crib, and one of my boys was relatively OK with it (he's a really mellow guy), but they were definitely psyched to have a comfortable bed that they could get in and out of. at almost 20mos they are still on the twins on the floor, with pillows to cushion their fall if they roll off. i will just buy a platform for the mattresses when i think...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean We also have a couple of Klean Kanteens (just the small open-topped style), which I like too, but since they aren't insulated they sweat and don't keep water cold for very long. i have the klean kanteens too, which are generally good. to combat this issue, i bought a neoprene holder thingie by the company Built - it has a snap loop, i forget the exact size. anyway, it keeps the bottle nice and insulated and...
i don't really get the toddler bed at all. i think the crib mattresses are totally uncomfortable and too small. anyway.... i moved my twin boys from cribs to twin mattresses on the floor (with pillows on the floor, to cushion any falls) at around 15 or 16 months. they loved it from the start - and i did, too, because it made getting them to sleep immensely easier. now, my husband and i can just lay with them until they fall asleep, and slip out once they're down. i...