or Connect

Posts by dividedsky

i tend to be pretty lax in that if my sons' friends are over, they are free to play with our toys as if they're their own. if they bite them or whatever... it's fine by me. that's what kids do IMO. if i bring my guys to the playground and put out a bunch of sand toys, i'm thrilled to let all of the kids use them until it's time for us to leave. same goes for at the pool. and if i'm at a friend's house and their kid grabs my kid's cup and takes a sip, i don't get too...
my boys are 18mos - i have them in twin mattresses on the floor in their room. i know what you mean about the wanting to play/popping off the bed thing. my kids are different... a will go to sleep just fine usually when he's tired if i sit with him and rhythmically pat his butt. it's his thing. if the butt pat isn't working, i leave the room for a couple of minutes. he usually plays for a bit and then calls for me - and then he's really ready to go to sleep. n...
i know this is an AP board and i don't want to come off as anti-breastfeeding or anything, but i think nightweaning may help based on my experience. i have 18-month-old twins, who i weaned fully @ 15mos (night was the last to go). prior-to, they had always nursed down. but it was taking longer and longer to get them to sleep... and both were progressively sleeping worse. one much worse than the other, waking every ~2hrs. and getting them back down in the middle of...
i had mine early also, at 32 weeks, so take it for what you will, but i barely have any stretch marks. a couple of barely-visible, very pale ones on my stomach that you really have to look for to see. and the skin on my stomach is fine, though now i seem to carry a bit of weight there whereas before the twins it was pretty flat. but it's really not bad at all. i gained 50lbs and am now 5lbs over what i was before i had my boys (18mos later).
hey mama... pm'ing you - i used to live in hatfield
i'll admit it! my boys slept in it before they started to roll. one in the lounger and one in the boppy (with lots of blankets piled in the middle, and babe on top, so it was like the lounger), in the co-sleeper next to me. and when they started to roll, i put them on their tummies to sleep on a flat, non-pillowy surface. breakin the law breakin the law
one of my sons is a screamer. the painful high-pitched kind you described. maybe there is something that can be done, i don't know. i figure he'll grow out of it and i will just deal until then. i think it's partly not having the words to express an emotion or desire, and partly because he likes to see how high he can get the pitch on his scream! thank goodness his twin brother doesn't do it too, then i might jump out the window so yeah, no words of advice,...
everyone always has more dipes than me i started with the cloth as soon as my preemie babes could fit into it. always used all-in-ones for convenience. i've always had a stash of 26 (random number, i know), which has always been enough. i do a wash every night. personally wouldn't want them hanging out longer than that, but if you don't want to wash every night, you will surely need more....
one of my 17-month-olds is like that. he'd eat cereal and crackers and pretzels all day if i let him! and fruit, of course. my deal is that i won't allow the snacks at mealtime. and fruit comes after food-food. i try make things that i know he likes, so that he doesn't look at the food, do a mental BLECH and look for a snacky thing. he likes veggies if they're done a certain way... like... if they're plain and steamed he's not interested (my other son would subsist...
my boys (17 months) recently started opening the drawer where i keep the dishtowels, grabbing one, and getting down on their knees to wipe the floor too cute!!!