or Connect

Posts by dividedsky

i have someone every other week, to do all the big stuff... wash the floors, scrub the kitchen and bathroom fixtures well, etc. i can keep my house straightened, and the kitchen is always clean, laundry no problem but would not be able to keep it really clean, the way it should be, with two 17-month-olds unless that was all i did and just did the necessary things w/my kids. i think it's really important to take them out to do nice things (playground, hang with friends,...
i posted my experience elsewhere, copying + pasting as i think you may find it helpful. feel free to ask questions! i was dreading it so much but it really wasn't horrible. wrote this mid-june and they are still sleeping through the night!! ----------- i just night weaned (which was the last to go, so they're fully weaned now) my nearly 17 month-old twins about 3 weeks ago. it really didn't go too badly at all, and i feel like the timing was actually very good for...
i have twins... for one of them, i'd say he wasn't sleeping well from like 6-13ish months. the other... 6-15 months. he was SO much worse than his brother - as you're describing the whole time. since i night-weaned, he's been sleeping through the night like magic. but i definitely wasn't doing that @ 10mos... so much developmental stuff going on. it will get better - this is only temporary!
check out the kids dvds by they might be giants - they come with a cd and dvd in the same package - here come the abcs - here come the 123s - here comes science they are awesome, i even dig the music
just a quick note to say - yes - the first ~9mos was crazy hard for me. but i also had NO IDEA what i was doing. my twins are my first, and i really knew absolutely nothing about caring for babies. i think it would have been infinitely easier (though certainly not easy!) if i had already breastfed one, understood naps, etc etc. for me, once they got to the point where they could hang out and play with toys (even if it was just for 5 minutes!), it got much better. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by poppan I thought the Barbara Luke guidelines were ridiculous -- I started much bigger than you, at 140# and still couldn't do it. Honestly if you are eating well I wouldn't worry about the quantity. The babies will take what they need and you are eating the right things and not starving yourself. agreed! i am not as small as you, i was ~125lbs @ 5'3 before the babes. i ate when i was hungry, tried to stick to...
oh another idea... pizza pita... i always have pita in the freezer. toast it a smidge to warm it up, then top as pizza, or with whatever toppings and whatever cheese you may have and toast it again to melt. my boys love this. on the same note, pita w/hummus is fast and always a winner. you can even see if he likes the falafel balls from the boxed mix (surprisingly tasty, you can broil it). dumplings - make spaetzle dough (it has eggs for protein, and is EASY, just...
how about breakfast foods? like french toast or pancakes (i make it w/half whole wheat flour, add a little flaxseed meal and fruit)? pasta is always easy and good - boil it with some broccoli, drain, toss w/butter + garlic powder + a little salt/pepper, or with pesto and leftover veggies or meat tossed in... pizza dough is very easy to make in a breadmaker - look into it - i use mine constantly!! you can top with anything, great quick meal. quesadillas, i make...
you are supermama! you should be incredibly proud... caring for 1 sick baby is tough, let alone 2, let alone 3!! you're the bomb!
both of my boys (17mos) have been biting me before bed lately. it's such a weird thing and is totally not cool! i lay down and snuggle with them/pat their tushies until they go to sleep. but before they can get to the point where they can fall asleep, they bite me! one, gently with his eyes closed. the other bites harder and laughs maniacally when i tell him no or try to re-route him (surprise, he's a toddler, everything is hilarious ). i'm laying with them on a...