or Connect

Posts by UUMom

Gajillions of people heard about Unschooling for the first time on Dr Phil and they talked about it. D's kids were the sweetest kids in the clips, and she was calm and articulate. I saw a rerun of it, and I think she did a fine job introducing an idea most people hadn't considered. Didn't Phil even say how beautiful and wonderful her kids are? Given the trainwreck kids that have been on the show, a regualr viewer has to know that something there is working well....
I found the curly girl mom profiled charming, actually. She has all this energy and was thinking ballet on Monday, Gymanstcis on Tues etc was something that would benefit the kids. She then realized it wasn't great to be trying to run around like that. She figured out what was right for her family. Plus, she seems fun. I'd hang out with her. This parenting thing has become a tough gig with very little wiggle room. It's easy to pick a part of woman trying to do her...
Dayna is a nice person. She is not hostile. That makes a huge difference. Delivery is everything.
Quote: Originally Posted by lemongrass I can't think of anything that I wished I liked but don't. I love beans, rice, oatmeal, cabbage, potatoes, lentils....all that peasant food is so yummy! : This thread is making me hungry. I know!
I've always tried to get a break/time to myself here and there. It was harder when the kids were tiny, but I still needed a bit of space -- whatever I could I could manage while keeping everyone happy. I also worked part time for a bit and my MIL babysat.
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I think that the things that bother me have more to do with the writer than the character. Ah, so it's Eion Colfer you don't care for, not Master Fowl.
GF get pretty good sized, evn though they are so tiny as chicks. They like to roost. I have two females in a tall pen. Thier roost is up about 6 feet, but thye would probably like it higher. They spend a good deal of time on the barn roof. lol It's recommeded that you keep GF inside for a few weeks so they know where their home is. They are fantastic flyers and when mine were younger, they did fly into the neighbor yard. They no longer do that. I think I let them out too...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar You know, I still picture her as like 8, but I think she's really older now... whch kind of goes back to the earlier posts... What does she want to do? I mean yes, you could fill in the gaps in her schedule for her and give her more to do, but I would see this as more as a sort of regrouping time, during which she's gearing up to burst ahead in some direction... maybe she does need "more", and maybe if you resist the...
Artemis is asynchronous, is all. Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I have to tell you, Aremis Fowl irritates the crap out of me. I get that the character is supposed to be highly gifted, but the author does a poor job of showing it. He tries entirely too hard, and is too self-satisfied; Colfer is clearly writing about a character who's supposed to be much more intelligent than he is, and it doesn't go well for him.
Quote: Originally Posted by koru Wise Child by Monical Furlong is amazing! I just read it this past weekend (after someone/two mentioned it here) and, even as an adult, I thought it to be filled with wisdom & entertainment. I intended on reading it to my girls but I got sucked in after the first few pages & decided to just read it to myself. There is a prequel! It's entitled Juniper. Isn't that fun? I love it when there is more. You would...