or Connect

Posts by UUMom

Seems straighforward to me. You have sons and you desire to see what it is like to have a daughter. Having sons is awesome, having daughters is awesome. It's a bit different, and perhaps you want to experience those differences? I have two daughters and two sons. I don't feel eve slightly guiltyfor wanting to experience both. I am grateful I was given the chance.
Mine free range and go to their nest boxes in their pens to lay. Then they come out again. Only my turkey lays eggs all over the place. However, even the turkey comes running when they see me. In fact, they come runnning when they hear me open the back door to come out. It's a simple thing to get them in their pen. Often times, I'll go out to put them in, and they are already there, too. I call Chickie chickies chickies for good measure. lol Mostly because I like to.
Quote: Originally Posted by artemis33 OMG thank you for the laugh. I can't believe that guy is serious! Sold his soul to a speical interest group, I'd say.
Artemis Fowl? Pipi Longstocking? Violet in Lemony Snicket? (She is real, I tell you!) Holden Caufield in Catcher in the Rye?
I am thinking about offerring my youngest a 'program'. She will read a whole book in a morning, cook something, feed her neopets, take care of the animals, play with her playmobil folks, play guitar hero, let me read to her, and then come to me and want to go to the library yet again. The other day I had her do copy work, then sent her for a 2 mile walk with her sister (to get her out of my hair, I admit) and she still had plenty more hours in a day. But she seemed...
I think using is working for us, but i find that my youngest esp, is in need of more (guidance, creativity?) from me. I've had her 'do' some math, some more formal activities and she has enjoyed them. I have a hard time with that, as I want to give her all the space she needs without me being in her face. I haven't figured it all out, and I am not even sure what to ask. Lately she has been articulating it as "I've run out of books again". I don't know. She signed up...
[QUOTE=MamaMonica;13918200]I was going to recommend the Wheel on the School, but you like that one already! The Children of Noisy Village (this is my all-time favorite read-a-aloud QUOTE] Thanks! There are several Noisy Village books! We love them!! I don't know if your children are young enough, but the Milly Molly Mandy books are similar. My kids all liked them at around 5 or 6 or so. And after those, Pipi! If you haven't already. In the US, or UK, the...
This made me chuckle. She would probably like somethinglike that! My dd is this free little bird. Building things in the yard, planting seeds, setting up villages with her little playmobil people, fixing broken legs on little plastic horses with duct tape or super glue. She is forever with a project of some sort, so on her own. And she loves notebooks, file folders, markers in their place, bags packed, animals fed, library books ready to return. OT, but she has...
Hilare and horrifying at the same time. She is interviewing real people. That guy has seriously sold his soul to the special interest groups. http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...rop-of-Horrors
Quote: Originally Posted by chfriend We got this and it looks good. http://www.fun-books.com/world_histo...Ancient_Greece Spend the Day in Ancient Greece Learn the history of Ancient Greece through 30 hands-on activities, such as writing in Greek or preparing a Greek feast. Step-by-step, illustrated directions are provided. The activities take place within the story of a fictional Greek family. Paper, 128 pages. Ages 8-12 #4547...