or Connect

Posts by UUMom

Quote: Originally Posted by dotnetdiva Yes, the History Pockets alone are definitely not enough. We plan to use SOTW, UILE, library books as go-alongs, and these Pockets. She has already read a ton on Ancient Greece, and we do have UILE, and Kingfisher. I am thinking of this as a way to organize what she thinks is most interesting? Maybe we'll get one and see if we can create/retool this for other interests? (I'm not all that creative this...
Quote: Originally Posted by dotnetdiva We got the Ancient Civilization History Pockets (for grades 1-3), for when we start Ancient next fall. However, that is the only History Pocket we got (we have a few other Evan-Moor Theme booklets though), and we haven't used it yet. But since the previous post did sound like a spammer type, I'll talk about what I think of this one. My 4.5 year old liked to do lapbooks, so this is very similar to a lapbook, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by frdsmth9 With History Pockets, students are engaged in discovery, while creating portfolios for assessment and display. This sounds like an advert. I am more looking for personal experience. And not having to do with assessment. Are they fun? Are they open-ended? Are they cheesy? What did the kids think?
I see them referrenced frequently in hsing blogs. Are they fun? Open-ended? My youngest is into all thing ancients, and I've considered she might like something like this. She also loves binders and folders and notebooks etc. She's never attended school, but she is drawn to such things. She also keeps her markers organized and all the caps on...except for the one she is using. I am wondering if the ancient Greek or Egyptian ones would be something an organized...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lillian J I'd be very careful. Her daughter was clearly a more scholarly type of personality than some much more active or dreamy children with a variety of other temperaments, general learning styles, and developmental timing. The important thing is to find ways of bringing out your son's own unique talents and leanings and helping him find his own path through life. If you want to bring things into his life from the...
lol I see dar already asked. hehehe
Hey, nice to see ya! What's going on with you & yours?
Quote: Originally Posted by jeca mine is gray also, it's the one thing I hate about it. I hated the color and DH refused to buy the sky blue one saying it was the only color he always hated. All the cute colors were in the LE models. lol We bought ours used, and it was that or dank. I think even more peace stickers would help. Although driving a mmin van makes me an accomplice in terrorism. (Arianna Huffington says), peace stickers be...
Chicken stock/soup. With lots of garlic & lots of parsely, which are both antibacterials and anti virals.
Is writing a life skill? Because I would really like my hsers to want to do more of that. lol