or Connect

Posts by UUMom

We're not vegetarian, but we eat vegetarian and vegan frequently. This week for luches we've we've had hummus with pita, chard frittata, whole wheat pita pizzas, black bean burritos & avocada/bean quesidillas. For dinner we've had vegetable kale soup, grilled eggplant, spinach salads, pasta with spinach sauce, pasta with pesto, millet and corn, rice pilaf with chard. My garden, along with my neighbor's, is brimming with chards, spinach, all kinds of lettuce,...
I feel more comfotatble taking myself out of the equation. I'll go back to my cho chip cookies anecdote. They are still in the freezer. The kids know they are there (they made them). They haven't had any sugary food since they baked them. If I were to put myself in charge of doling out sweets daily, they might see them as a bigger deal than they are. They are no bigger a deal than the vegetable soup I made yesterday that they also ate for breakfast this morning. So,...
We don't have food sensitivites or allergies. Well, there is the need to stay in protein for one child. Wow, if she doesn't. I think I might too be extreme on the other end for some here, but i will share anyway. lol Here's an anecdote: I took my youngest to a homeschool gathering yesterday and when we got back, around 6, the teens had baked choc chip cookies. Mind you, it's 6pm. The youngest has a couple while I start dinner. At 7, and dh comes home, we eat dinner. ...
Sounds about right. When my oldest was 3 and we were driving to Boston, he said "I know how to spell Boston University". I said, "Wow, tell me how!" He replied "B-S-T-N-U". lol I was like, "Awesome!"
Push mowers in MA are hot! You should be able to find one (maybe not cheap) pretty much anywhere. Many folks want one. (Beats the gym. lol) So maybe in the rush you won't find one, but they are there. They are being advertised by Lowe's and Home Depot! I love it! Go green. :
We do not feed the ducks! In fact, the ducks in our previously lovely city pond are now vicious and disgusting and unbelievably aggressive! The 'Do Not Feed' signs are posted *everywhere* and it looks to me like most people ignore them. Why?!? One of those ducks could bite the finger off your toddler!
My oldest dd is 16 & hs'd.
My FF miles are with United, and I print out my boarding passes beforehand. This saves time and I always try to get on the A group (Although my kids aren't tiny, I just prefer getting set, and my bag in the overhead bins without wrestling other people's stuff. Why don't people learn how to get their carry-ons in the bins better? Most things fit if you put it in right, people. lol) My dds and I had seats apart (you get what ya get with the FFs), but each time, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by ParisApril Thanks that's very helpful. We can love them, but we can't make their choices for them. It's hard to lose a loved one, but it sounds like your Gma is well over 80? To me, that almost seems too young to want to go, as I know a couple of very active people in their 90's, and my MIL is 86. (Although she deeply misses her husband of over 50 years who died a couple of years ago). However, when people are of...
Quote: Originally Posted by choli Yes, and that means you can eat 100% junk food and STILL look down on other people's food choices.