or Connect

Posts by UUMom

Quote: Originally Posted by lmonter I am *so* not the queen of canning. I'm just a little gung-ho about it. I was terrified of canning at first, but the need to make my grandma's secret recipe relish because I'd run out of hers (and she died 6.5 years ago) overpowered my fear. And I didn't use the pressure canner the first year we had it because it scared me with all those dire exploding warnings all over it. But I got over it, and we've...
You're not screwed! : You can find (and there are probably not very many-- it only takes one to do a ton of damage) and remove them. They seem to disaapear--but if you look closely, oh, they are there. Check on the stems very very very carefully. At frist you won't see them, but then as you stare at each stem long enough, you will. They like to hang out in pepper plants. They have those purple-y-black markings that pepper stems have, so them seem to dissapear in them....
I understand that some people are not supportive, no matter their professions. It isn't always the case that teachers are not supportive of hsing, so it isn't something you will always get from the 'professional educators'. By a log shot. Some of our greatest supporters have been educator friends. In fact, our biggest allies have been teachers from the school some of my kids attended. One 3rd grade teacher even has some of my teen dd's recent art on her classroom wall.
So I guess what I would do is ask your dh to get over there and see what's up. Is it experimentation, or is it something more? Going through money like that is the only reason I have red flags in my head. (I mean, he could be paying for lots of beer parties for his friends, which could account for the money loss). Has anything gone missing from the house? Is there any stuff other than pot items? Is he on other medications? Ritalin or the like? Has he needed refills...
My fear would be if the experiemntation has turned into addiction of something more-- my great fear is meth, as we've seen that happen to a couple of dear friends. Including a brilliant, loving young friend of ours. 10 years later, he's gone through rehab several times. Some people can smoke a little pot, drink a bit of beer and be OK. Other people can't. If he's stealing, or going through money like that (and buying drugs at the expense of a car he wants) , I would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by FarmerCathy Next year plant a radish at the base and that is supposed to keep those buggers away. Plus some nasturtiums will help too. I've been meaning to ask you if I can link your blog to mine?
From About Us on the Slow Food site:http://www.slowfoodusa.org/about/index.html
Doesn't August feel like the greatest gift? February is one long cabbage and butternut squash meal...but August. Wow, such gratittude! lol
Quote: Originally Posted by sunanthem OH yeah, I do go to the library alot, and we even get movies there, and zi love our summer reading program. But when I feel like going out somewhere, or to town, sometimes I go to the bookstore and treat myself to a fancy coffee. And the swaps I do are mostly handmade stuff, so most of the time I am making lots of crafts at home. Here's a confession-- I am not a crafty person-- at all-- but I sometimes like...
Yes, I've read about that study a few times recently. It looks like, once again, there is a world of difference between good fats and bad ones. Olive oil, fi, did not have the same affect. And it is visceral body fat that is more the culprit. It's worth considering. Here's just one article-- there are many more-- http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/64692.php