or Connect

Posts by mamafish9

CS - I gave him about 1500mg - but that was the elemental mag mg, not the mag citrate mg - I'm guessing the 5.2g of your dose is mag citrate?  The adult dose (10oz) of that mag citrate drink contains about 17g of mag citrate, but that's only 2.8g of elemental mag - so if you did about a 1/3 dose of that, you've given her about 700mg of mag.  Which don't get me wrong, should be plenty to make her poop, but it's not as big as it sounds (if I'm correct on what you're giving...
I think until you reach a baseline (symptoms gone) adding wheat back in is really counterproductive.  I hear your hunger - but wheat, nutritionally, is really easy to sub for.  Dairy is harder, but wheat is easy.   Of the top 4 intolerance foods (dairy, soy, wheat, corn), the only one with significant nutritional value is dairy - and that one there are some reasonable subs to try.  I know it's really hard when you're first trying to figure out what to eat - but you...
Depends if you're trying to do a full out TED or not.  Any food in the broth would count as something you're eating.  You can do just plain broth though, and use it to cook your grains in, that's yummy & nutritious.
CS, when I superdosed DS with mag, it took almost 20 hours to take effect - and then it was nutso diarrhea for several days.  It definitely didn't work in a few hours like it was "supposed" to.
The one you want is the doctor's data hair elements test (not the hair toxic elements test) by doctor's data.  You can order it yourself from directlabs.com, and it's around that price.
I know that being scared to eat anything feeling - huge hugs to you.   My son is autistic - there's a big difference between GFCF for autism (which means just avoiding the milk & gluten proteins, and trace amounts are often not a problem), and food intolerance to gluten & dairy, where trace amounts and non-protein parts of the foods can be a big issue.  For example, ghee is legal for autism GFCF diets, but many kids here with dairy intolerance react to ghee (because...
I think before you try a TED, I'd try:   1) taking out the biogaia probiotics - like I think I said in another thread, those are grown on dairy, so if she's very dairy sensitive, that could be an issue. Klaire makes an infant one that is truly dairy free, I think.   2) zantac has corn, so no point going off corn unless you go off the zantac as well   3) eliminate the most likely suspicious foods from your current list - in my mind, those would be:  ghee, GF oatmeal (lots...
Hugs CS, I hope it all goes well.  And that's about as much as I've had time to read, LOL.
Eat more fat, that makes a huge difference :).  Avocados, coconut milk, fry lots of stuff.  It will help keep your weight and supply up.   Are you off wheat, or off all gluten?   If you're off all gluten, the next steps would be to remove soy (often people who react to dairy react to soy as well) and corn (the other top 4 intolerances food, and often the culprit behind eczema).   There's lots to eat with these 4 foods removed, it's just a learning curve....
I'd consider doing a hair test.  It's non-invasive, and would tell you if he has mercury issues.  It will also tell you some good information about his mineral levels, which could help figure out what supps he might benefit from.