or Connect

Posts by MissMaegie'sMama

Hi, My understanding is that it IS possible for a baby to become "stuck" in the pelvis if it's positioned in such a way that impedes its ability to decend down the birth canal. I think the only way of determining the baby's exact position is by ultrasound, or at least that's what I've been lead to believe during my first two pregnancies. When your midwife told you your son was not posterior, had she performed an ultrasound to determine that that was truly the...
Ooh, pickles... I could eat an entire jar in one sitting, no joke. Dill, bread-and-butter, gherkin... I love 'em all. Today I was at a coffeeshop working on my laptop and decided to get a sandwich and soup combo, complete with pickle wedge. When my food was ready, I noticed that there was no pickle on the plate. I told the barista, "Um, I think you forgot the pickle," to which she replied, "Oh, we're all out of pickles." Without a trace of remorse, may I...
Finally, I have some time to visit the August '08 DDC and indulge in a little preggo talk! I'm 15 weeks, and I'm still getting sick in the morning, though not every day anymore. On a scale of 1 to 10, with my first pregnancy (which was a veritable morning, noon and night Barf-a-Rama during the first four months) as the benchmark for "10," this pregnancy has been a 4 or a 5. I've had more nausea with this pregnancy than I did with my second one. Yesterday morning was...
Hi Mamas, My name is Alissa, and this is my first post to MDC, although I've technically been a member for awhile. Looks like my husband and I are expecting a SURPRISE kiddo sometime in mid-August (darn those post-Thanskgiving cocktails!)--going by my LMP, our EDD would be the 18th, but my last cycle was a little shorter than usual, so it could be a little earlier than that. I'm also the mom of two awesome kids: 9-year-old Liam (11/18/98) and 2-year-old Maegan...