or Connect

Posts by MissMaegie'sMama

Back to secular Easter ideas...   This year I want to put a different spin on the traditional Easter egg hunt and make it a little more challenging for my kids. I am going to find a pile of rocks and stones in the yard and put stickers on them to denote a "prize," rather than have my DH fill plastic eggs with candy and money. Then they can turn in their stones for a gift. I think it will be a little harder for the kids to spot specially marked stones as opposed to...
I don't think you should stop. Your daughter made a very astute observation. The important thing to note here is that (I assume) she did not intend to mock or belittle others with her connection between zombies and resurrected Jesus. She acted in innocence, and frankly, I think it's a cute observation. My friend, on the other hand, does so to illustrate her disdain and dislike of Christians and Christianity, and she encourages her kids to do so as well. Not cool. (FWIW,...
I don't think anyone said anything about reporting the ads, just that the items being advertised are kinda un-MDCish. I understand that MDC requires revenue to keep its service free to its users.
  I'm agnostic, yet I think "Zombie Jesus Day," as one of my atheist friends calls Easter, is a pretty disrespectful term. Personally, I find the idea of resurrection far-fetched, but who am I to judge or make fun of those who do believe? Making fun of another religion's holiday doesn't make me a better person, it doesn't make me "right," and it doesn't cause those who don't agree with my spiritual beliefs to respect my point of view. If religious folks want to criticize...
I agree! I was somewhat shocked to see the ad for the Fruity Pebbles bars here. There have been a few others that seemed out of place as well.
I always see this thread in the ranks, but I've never had a good enough story to post here. Until now.   I have a hyphenated last name (my birth surname & my DH's surname). A couple weeks ago, I went to the polls to vote, and the elderly lady who volunteers at the polling place in my ward was trying to find my name among those of the other registered voters on her list. I jokingly told her, "Just look for the longest last name on the page." She found it and said,...
Knitted: a baby hat. Crocheted: a scarf.
Wow, those are fantastic! Your DD did a great job. I've been trying to convince my 5-year-old to start crocheting with me, and these ponies might be the thing to get her to say yes!
I once had to abandon a cart full of groceries at the supermarket customer service desk because I felt my kids' behavior in the store was obnoxious. However, in general I'm pretty lucky- my DH does the stock-up supermarket shopping, which means that I only need to make occasional trips to the store. 19 times out of 20, I limit food shopping trips with my kids to the little butcher shop/grocery near our house and to Trader Joe's, which is pretty small compared to the...
My siblings are twins, and I was about 4 years old when my mom was pregnant with them. My mom made the mistake of asking me what I thought we should name the babies- I really wanted to name them Spot and Fido (we didn't have a dog at that time, but I really, really wanted one). My mom told me those were dog names, and she was having babies, not puppies. I suggested that we trade the babies in for a couple of dogs instead.  No big deal, right?