or Connect

Posts by MissMaegie'sMama

TY!
I apologize if anything I wrote in my previous post came off as a personal attack. That was not my intent. However, I do feel that you initially framed your concern as having a problem with the fact that you were invited to your friend's son's First Communion because you aren't religious. With your most recent post, I'm understanding that the primary reason you are reluctant to attend the event is because you are really worried that your son will say something others may...
Personal experience and observation-- could get slightly OT.   I grew up in a dysfunctional family due to my dad's drug and alcohol use. His addictions eventually rendered him disabled, unable to hold down a steady job, and homeless. During his long downward spiral, there was a lot of instability and stress created by his actions. He went to jail, he got beat up by so-called friends, sometimes so severely he had to be hospitalized. My mom is a strong woman, but even...
That sounds like the best possible solution for the situation. I'm glad level heads prevailed. I also saw your post about the triangular protrusion being built into the platform. Great idea!  
Accidents happen, and it seems to me that he has probably learned a lesson in judgement and impulse control from this incident. He's not a "problem child," he's a kid who made an honest mistake. I think that suspension is uncalled for in a case like this. A student who is succeeding academically and is involved in a variety of extracurriculars who screws up one time (causing property damage, not bodily harm to another person) shouldn't face suspension, either in-school...
    I don't know how often one finds them running free, but that's an AWESOME story. I love peacocks!    
Could be a case of deliberately unethical behavior, but as you suggested above, it's probably just an etiquette issue. I think it's it's possible the photographer doesn't understand that using your words in that context without crediting you could be considered plagarism. As a PP suggested, I also think that it's plausible that she could have been trying to preserve your anonymity. Since your wedding was a decade ago, maybe she figured you might have changed your mind...
I completely understand why you would have thought photos of the wedding would have been an easier gift for her to give you. A couple with a healthy relationship probably would have been willing and able to provide that service as a gift to you without a hitch, which I think speaks volumes about B's (in)ability to communicate effectively with others. It really sucks you got caught in the middle of her "couple's drama." Also, B sounds very manipulative and passive...
  I'm wondering the same thing as well.   At 5, the explanation you give your son about his friend's First Communion need not be complicated. Why not just tell your son that his friend's family enjoys going to XYZ church, and that the friend's Communion is a special part of his membership in the church. If your DS asks why he doesn't get to have a First Communion, you can tell him it's because you aren't members of that church.   As far as not being sure whether you...
 I am angry that you were not believed.  I wish no woman would ever experience the horror of rape, and I am furious that it happens. I am proud of you for being so strong. Peace to you.