or Connect

Posts by MissMaegie'sMama

I'm sorry this happened to you. I live by the tried-and-true photographer's maxim: you get what you pay for. Or in your case, what your friend didn't pay for.   I agree with what the PP wrote. It doesn't take 7 months for a professional photographer to edit a client's wedding shots-- no paying client would wait that long for her wedding photos! I suspect B overpromised what she could get R to do for her. Professional wedding photographers charge in the thousands for...
In-home daycare would definitely be a less stressful and more realistic path to income and playmates!
Classy stuff! At least now you know where he's coming from.  
  I don't know where the OP lives, but where I'm from, sex offenders who have targeted children are not allowed contact with minors of either sex, period, regardless of the sex of the child(ren) who was assaulted by the offender. Even if the bolded portion above is the case in the OP's state, it doesn't mean she shouldn't attempt to find out how she can help keep her nephews (and their friends) safe from a potential pedophile.   ETA: He was convicted of aggravated sexual...
I personally think the birth order theory is too simplistic to explain something as complex as confidence. It certainly doesn't explain what I see in my life every day. I'm a first-born with a not-so-high confidence level, although my ADHD (and my control thereof) definitely influences my feelings of confidence. Same goes for my oldest child. My DH is a confidence-lacking, non-ADHD oldest child. Actually, being the oldest child can cause one to be LESS confident because...
I don't think your feelings are at all out of line. I would be angry too. The sonogram grab and its intended use would especially upset me.
  Yes, yes, yes!      I am so sorry this happened to you, and that nobody helped you.  No child should have to experience sexual abuse and victimization, and nobody should have to live with the pain that results from being sexually abused.   ITA with your post, and especially that which I bolded.  
Having modeled briefly as a young adult, and as the good friend of a former globe-trotting model, here's what I can tell you from experience:   Get in touch with a reputable modeling agency such as Ford, Wilhelmina, or Casablancas, and ask them to put you in touch with a local rep.    Some cities have local agencies, and if you're thinking about going with one of those, be sure to call the better business bureau to find out about the agency's...
  What a fabulous way of looking at this issue. I always feel guilty for, say, throwing out the little wax bits left when one of my kids breaks a crayon because I feel like I should be melting them down to make new crayons or making some kind of craft project with them. Inevitably, though, having all sorts of little things lying around waiting for me to "do something" with them causes stress and adds to the clutter I'm trying so hard to avoid. The portion of the post I...
Most of this, except instead of cutting off contact with the SIL's family. I would ramp up my relationship with the nephews. Assuming this man was not falsely accused and convicted, these boys will need an adult they can trust in their lives, because their mom is choosing a relationship with a convicted (and unregistered) sex offender over ensuring their safety. Facebook friend the boys, call them on the phone to talk, take them out to lunch, offer to have them spend a...