or Connect

Posts by MissMaegie'sMama

Yep, this. OP, what did you decide to do about the sitter?  
My condolences to you and to those who loved her. She sounds like a wonderful woman who touched the lives of so many and left behind a legacy of love. I'm sorry her loved ones didn't have more time to spend with her before she passed.   I wish you a gentle journey through your loss.
Well, of course these UAVs aren't getting any sleep... they're too busy staying up all night, tormenting and mocking you and your family.    You have no idea how hard my fingers are hitting the keys on my keyboard right now...   A million times  to you and your family, OP. I wish you could be my neighbors... you and your family members sound like reasonable, caring, and kind people. You deserve to be treated with the same consideration you have given the nothings in the...
A scoop of natural PB and a squirt of honey in a big bowl of old-fashioned oats boiled in whole milk. YUM!
I would saute garlic, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, add the sauce to the saute and season it with fresh or dried herbs to make a sauce for a pan of lasagna. Then I'd freeze the lasagna for use on a night when my family is tired and busy and just wants to eat a simple, no-fuss meal.
Another vote for "sounds like age-typical behavior." My 5-year-old DD behaved the same way in the months leading up to her fifth birthday. She is just beginning to settle down after months of volatile behavior and outbursts. Having a consistent routine really helped lessen her tantrums and flip-outs.   My DS also went through the same phase in the months before turning five (and for some months thereafter). I had to be very consistent with his routine (bedtime, meal...
In this case, I'd just send the RSVP card back with the regrets box checked and only give the couple a reason if they personally asked me why I couldn't attend.    There's no way I could plan to be at a conference in the morning and then attend a far-away wedding that evening AND make plans for my kids to stay home that same day without without incurring a huge amount of stress. Weddings are supposed to be fun for the guests, not a source of stress. That said, I also...
Haven't read all the replies, OP, but if this is the wedding of one of your's DH's college friends and you're not positive whether they would miss you if you stayed home from the wedding, I say that you have a very good reason to sit this wedding out.   IMO, it's just not a good idea to let a kid miss school during the first few weeks of school. There's so much going on in the formation of the social dynamic of the classroom community in those first few weeks of...

We pay our very experienced piano teacher $15/half-hour and $25/hour for private lessons.