or Connect

Posts by teeny_bean

Last night I made a rice pilaf with onions, carrots, peas, and raisins, which we ate alongside grilled zucchini. Yum. Also, totally vegan, woo. Subbing, because I need meal ideas!
Quote: Originally Posted by tjlucca Much Thanks for all of your ideas. i will definitely check out Playful Parenting. I have started to dress her when she won't do it. Not with anger. Just with "this is the way it is" energy. She is much more willing to do it "by self" now that she understands it will get done either way. Even when she doesn't, the cloths still get put on and then we move on. That's great news! Mine isn't three yet (he'll be...
Mine was afraid of the vacuum at that age, too. He's still a little iffy about it, sometimes. I gave him a pair of sunglasses and told him that they were special vacuuming goggles that would keep him safe from the scary vacuum. Also, if he kept the goggles on, the vacuum would stay on, but when the goggles came off, I would turn the vacuum off. He thought that was pretty fun, and he enjoyed being in control of the thing that scared him, I think. Like another poster's...
My husband had the kid (20 months old) in the kitchen the other day, tasting all the spices in the spice drawer. Whole cloves, coriander, paprika, cumin... he liked it all. There is really no food that mine doesn't eat right now. He shunned blueberries at first, but I had fruit salad the other day and he picked out and ate every single blueberry in it. (Disappointing for me! I wanted those berries!) The thing that I found most surprising was when I first gave him this...
My son really likes these soft plastic cars he got for his birthday. They're not the kind of thing I would have thought to buy for him, but he loves them. He's also really into playing with anything in the tub, putting things into containers and taking them back out, climbing up a step ladder to look out the window, making noise with little musical instruments, and reading books. He is especially fond of almost anything by Sandra Boynton, but especially Snuggle...
Quote: Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley Maybe its just me, but I still consider a one year old a baby. I really wouldnt consider my child a toddler until they are either 1). Toddling (as per name - 'toddler') or 2). 18 months - 2 years old. So those of you who think you are in denial - you are not. The rest...stop rushing things lol Ha! Mine's been toddling since he was 9 months. He's now moved up to walking backwards and running away...
It's fairly uncommon for women to have medical or physical reasons why they cannot produce enough milk. Some reasons include breast reductions, hypothyroidism, insufficient glandular tissue, and PCOS. All of these can cause a decrease in supply, but many women (not all) with these conditions can produce some milk, just not a full supply. It's far more common for women to be misinformed or uneducated about what's normal in breastfeeding, and to think that they're not...
Even now, my 8.5 mo old rarely goes more than two or three hours between a nursing session! At that age he was eating every hour or two. It would most likely be very detrimental to your milk supply to space feedings out that way. Sounds like that doctor is pretty uneducated about breastfeeding. Feeding on demand is definitely the way to go.
I don't have a particular favorite brand, but my favorite thing to dress my 8.5 mo old in is a wool diaper cover, a onesie, and Babylegs. The BLs keep his legs warm, and are tight-fitting so he is not constantly stepping on the cuffs of his pants while he walks around. It provides easy access for diaper changes, and looks supercute to boot. He does not like having his diaper changed, at all, so the easier and faster I can get it done, the happier everyone is.
I didn't even notice that! Though in my case it's more like "protect the dogs from the babe."