or Connect

Posts by sunma

In Tucson, AZ, there is  a most amazing physical therapist. She taught me how to move and gave me muscle strengthening exercises (the ones to use instead of relying on those relaxed ligaments). The S/I belt was a life saver, the sacro wedgey actually hurt me more. Tighten your stomach muscles (like you are trying to zip too tight pants), suck it in, when you walk (don't succumb as much to the lazy waddle) and get in and out of bed, etc.  
I'm expecting again and due shortly (4 weeks). I am curious about UC. Can you recommend resources to find out more about it?  I'm wondering who would stitch me if I were to tear extensively again (actually, I separated my pubic bone last time, but there's nothing to be done about that). And what do you use to clamp the cord? Sorry if these are simple questions, just don't know where to begin. Thanks!
What scares you about meconium? The staining? I was in such a newborn love haze I honestly can't remember meconium. 
I had my first 6 years ago and for the first 6 weeks used a cd service. This was great because my daughter went from just under 7 pounds to 12 pounds in those 6 weeks. She continued to gain almost a pound a week for a while. So I never bought small diapers. I am due with my second in a few weeks. CD service in my town closed down recently. Just found out today (I checked their website less than a month ago!) I'm assuming she'll grow like her sister (same genes and same...
Thank you for your ideas! I keep thinking we're close.... and then... I was going with the name meaning idea for a while... Vicky... But I think dh wants it straight forward that we are naming her after my dad. We both really want to name this baby after my dad, because he's just great and I know it would mean a lot to him.  The trouble is, DH is more of a fan of traditional names (not tinkering with them), but I don't really like the name nicole. I do however,...
O.K., so my dad's name is Nicholas. I don't like Nicole (the name :)) My daughter has named this baby Grace almost since the beginning.  That might be her middle or first name. Or it might not. I just want a name that joyful and kind and perfect :)  Oh the drama that has accompanied this pregnancy.... the name seemed like such small potatoes... and now, well now that's all I want to think about since I can't nest... My mom broke her knee cap 3 weeks ago while...
Had one of those days where I was doing a lot and nothing got done and done. By the end of the day, I declared name conversations off the table, since clearly it wasn't going to happen today. We all want a name for this baby, but it isn't happening. I told DH today that maybe we'd know after the baby is born. He said "You want to name her 'After birth'?" hahahahaha Trouble is, I love my older daughter's name. I would like a name that I love for this one too. That she...
Dizzy, breathless, exhausted. I was in fairly good shape before this. Around 9 weeks I lost all energy. I feel like I should do something (I mean other than grow this human being from scratch). Everything I read says "take it easy." But I feel like I need to exercise or something. Anyone else glued to the couch and occasionally seeing stars when you get up? When does it go? (This I'll take over the weeks of puking though)
I separated my SP when I gave birth to my daughter. By almost 5 cm. (She came out with both hands over her head). When I lay on my side I could feel the bones rub together. Couldn't walk for a couple of months. Incredibly painful. Agree totally with above, any midwife should know about (and imho, should have already mentioned) SPD. 5 1/2 years ago, when I gave birth, there were maybe 4 articles about it when I googled it. Now there is all sorts of info. Pregnant now with...
Maybe felting... but I had never heard of thrumming. I love this idea...