or Connect

Posts by sunma

I'm thinking maybe that super soft merino wool. Does that repel water as well? My 5 yo would love silk. maybe a thin silk yarn..... I never thought of her as having sensory issues, but lately she refuses to wear socks if they have seams. Next project: seamless socks!
I want to knit up some mittens or gloves for my daughter. I like wool for their warmth and they are good for in the snow. But my daughter complains about wool itching her these days. Can I line them somehow? I'm not really sewer. Maybe I should knit a pair in cotton and a bigger pair in wool!
When my daughter was a month or so, I googled her name - first and middle. It's a great mix, her first name was my grandma's name, the middle name a joyful word from a song my husband and I enjoy. I was so surprised to see her name pop up followed by .org. A baby somewhere across the pond had her name. She was perhaps born about 6 months after mine. I thought it was super cool actually. I just think the universe is a shared conciousness!  My friend and her husband...
Mamatoabunch, woah. You are mama to a bunch! There goes my theory of those with more than 2 can't have bad ms! Haha you do say you forget! I feel right now with pregnant brain that I can't remember anything, but ohhhhh I remember this! My dh can't understand why this reduces me to nothing, he always talks about how strong I am and can push through things with a smile, but everyone has their achille's heel. Nausea is mine.
In early pregnant with my first, my husband made a big sign welcoming the baby by name. He wrote her name and then "or nick" since we didn't know. They were names we had discussed lightly prepregnancy. I wasn't sold immediately, I liked toying around with other names, but I love love love the name. I often thought, how could we have another child, there is no other name that rocks like this one. So this pregnancy, my unborn child is referred to by his possible male...
Happy New Year! When I was pregnant with 1st dd 6 years ago, I made a new year's resolution not to puke anymore. I broke it, but I did start to feel better. This time around has been easier, I'm due a few weeks later, but starting to feel better sooner. I could scarcely read these posts about my fellow morning sick without throwing up. I hit a low point around 10 weeks, crying I can't do this for 4 or 6 or 8 more weeks! I learned recently that most "first trimester"...
Hi, I'm Clare. On the couch for now, waiting for the end of morning sickness. When I am off the couch, I feel much better and enjoy being with my 5 year old dd and my husband of 10 years and doing my latest love, trapeze, and sunsets, long walks... I tried to conceive for a while with my first. Attended a birth and a week later I was pregnant. When dd was 3, we were both present at a dear friend's birth, and not wanting another, I was careful. When she had her 2nd, in...
I cooked! I cooked! Well, not really, but I did fry up some shumai that was frozen. For me that was a miracle last night. I don't want to say it's letting up... but I am having a few good days. Whatever you do, especially those of you who have germ toting kids, don't get a cold! Sore throat + puke = pain. And, since you are having nausea, I won't go into detail about how nauseating mucous is. Strangely, trapeze is helping me... I started doing it  last summer and I...
I will miss the joys of Thanksgiving this year. Just don't cook in my kitchen!
I will miss the joys of Thanksgiving this year. Just don't cook in my kitchen!