or Connect

Posts by sunma

Wow. I read this and I thought, these are amazing mamas! My dd is 5 and barely nursed, at night before bed during one of the books we read. I found out I was pregnant and we continued. And then my breasts just about tripled in size and ache and I have morning sickness and I just asked her if  we could skip it one night. She was content with "under arm" - she nestles under my arm as we snuggle and read.  And she hasn't nursed since. I kind of wish I knew when the...
Ugh morning sickness. When I was pregnant 6 years ago, I asked, who would do this more than once? Well, apparently me. I'm 7 1/2 weeks and looked up my notes when I was pregnant with my dd. Sick through 15 weeks. I made a new year's resolution back then not to puke again. I think I only cheated once It's so much harder this time because I don't want to whine to my 5 year old, I want to play, I want to have fun, I want to get off the couch. And cook again So...
What great ideas! I throw in broccoli, carrots, kale... what ever is on hand and then tinker about with almond milk and or water and or juice and different frozen fruits and flax, oats.... til it works. I know this is vague, but really I am only posting to note that I tend to make a blender full of it and then we drink some and then make popsicles out of the rest. This is a fabulous snack or desert for my 5 year old, for the past 4 years. And I like them too. You can...
I am fixin' to make the switch to cloth menstrual pads... I could make 'em myself, but I'd rather try the pro version first! Any recommendations? I've seen online glad rags and schoon... Are these good? What about a really good WAHM version? Thanks!
I just wanted to update... I had been practicing going and it did get easier... Until one day, in October, we were at a friend's and I told her we needed to go. SHE suggested that she stay and I go. Never happens, she never goes for that. So I left (for 5 minutes only, because we really did have to go home and have dinner, but I wasn't leaving that opportunity!) And ever since, she just says it's no big deal. She still most of the time would rather stay with me, but it's...
A whole group of us were just talking about this, wanting to find chicken pox for our children, and here it was just passed us. Any more chicken pox in Tucson?
Can't even begin to say how helpful these replies have been. So, DD has always been a mama's girl, but she has always enjoyed DH. She used to go with him. And then she'd go through clingier periods and come out of it. We spent a month taking care of my dad out of town a few months ago and she was amazing, patient, etc., but I was all she had. I think it kind of threw her into an I am dependent on mama thing (the irony is that she is incredibly independent, it's not like...
I have a fabulous 4 y o dd. When she was an infant, I was the primary everything, and valued my dh for letting me be so. She used to go with him places. Then she didn't want to. Then she did. Now she won't go to the store, the park, on a bike ride ANYWHERE with her dad. She adores him more than ever. When he goes somewhere, she misses him. She plays with him as long as I am in the house. But she won't go anywhere without me. And she won't "let" me leave. All this was fine...
Where and when do you meet on Thursdays? Did you go to Apple Annies in Wilcox or elsewhere?
This thread is over a year old, so is there a regular play date you do already? Maybe I already know some of you, just don't know your mothering monikers! We went to the mud puddle today, the timing was great, when we got there we barely had to wait in line. We brought all the kids from the little complex where we live and it was deliciously fun (well, actually, I did get mud in my mouth, and that was not delicious). A friend of mine said I should post here to let people...