or Connect

Posts by sunma

I have wool batt, good stuff. Would love to use it for some projects that call for wool roving. What do I need to do? Is there a special tool? If I need small amounts, does it matter that I'm using wool batt instead? Thanks!
Thank you so much for this input. DD is super outgoing, loves being with her friends, loves her dad. I think the issue is not being without me, it is the IDEA of being without me. Yesterday she was in the pool for hours with her dad while I was doing work inside. When she came in, after hours of squealing with delight, she asked me with a pained look on her face, "Did you leave?" She was really concerned. Mind you, I don't ever sneak out, but she acts as thought I...
Maybe too much advanced notice? I know that with my daughter some things get worked up in her head and it is better not to mention it until we are just about to go or that day, depending on what it is.
My almost 4 y.o. dd has always been mama's girl. There have been short periods where she likes to hang out with dad, but pretty much it's all me. Now, even mentioning that I am going somewhere sets her off. If she is happily playing with her dad, her friends, riding her bike, swimming, whatever, if I say I am running to the store for 5 minutes, she will drop what she is doing to go with me. When it is time to leave a friend's house, she will complain a little and I let...
I hesitate to reply, since I don't have the tried and true answer, but no one had yet, and I know the feeling. I guess the things I have been thinking about on this subject are about power. It sounds like you are trying to honor your dd all the way around and that is awesome. The other day, my 3 y.o., after being asked to put her cards away, told me "No, I don't want to, I'm not going to do that. I'm playing with my ball." At first I felt annoyed that she wasn't...
I have sewn a few things with a sewing machine from Costco, by reading a few things and some common sense, but I am wondering if anyone recommends anything specific for learning... Thanks!
I'm here with my 3 1/2 dd for an undetermined amount of time... My dad broke his leg and ankle. Would like to find things to do in the neighborhood while we are here and meet other moms/dads. Thanks!
So I have a few different Tempera paints and one of them, I got from Michael's, smells AWFUL. So I'm due to buy some more and wanted to know if anyone recommends a particular brand. Thanks!
We live in a small apt. complex that has a great little community of kids. My dd (3) loves to play in the sand box and run with the other kids. We live in the desert and it is hot. I make some great green popsicles (also known as popsiKALEs, for they usually have kale, or at least some veggie in there) that she loves. She is easy about it when the kids are all feasting on artificial popsicles and I give her one of the ones we make. I would like to mix it up a little, not...
Before using a salt solution, you'd have to check and make sure that it won't damage your pool. There are silver ion products that you can use that are effective (a friend uses one on her above ground pool) and they give the instructions and amounts. We have a semi commercial pool (apartments) so the hurdles to convert to anything other than chlorine are crazy and near impossible for an existing pool. Also, try doing a search on google for pool cleaner or disinfectant or...