or Connect

Posts by sunma

Some cloth diapers tell you not to use the sanitize cycle, but I think if I had one, I would have used it. I had a really hard time with our duet front loader (not the one with the sanitize cycle) washing cloth diapers. I wonder what other people think. We live in the desert, so low water makes sense for us, but I sometimes had to run it 8 times (and the cycles are NOT short) to get diapers clean - wasn't overloading it, used a soak cycle, etc. I'd be curious to know what...
I have a pattern that says to put some stitches on a stitch holder, then cast on that same number of stitches and keep knitting with the rest of the stitches. WHAT? Sorry I am new to knitting. So I can put them on the holder, then break the yarn? Then cast on the new stitches and how new and old come together? Thanks. My books just don't say anything and I can't make the knit group this week....
Some really great feedback here, thank you so much. A big part of this for me was the absolute frustration of knowing her well enough to know that a nap was a necessity for her. I am on the fence regarding whether kids need naps to a certain age or not... I think many people give up on naps before their kids are ready, but I do believe in paying close attention to your own child and following their cues. That said, my dd unquestionably still needs to nap. But she also...
I agree about the threatening, I quit doing it when I realized I was, but like I said, I offered her a choice: "You can sleep with me, or you can sleep with daddy." When he goes in, she happily accepts him reading, etc., until he says it's time to sleep. Then the hysterics start and she screams for me, and I come in. DH actually likes the opportunity to try to put her down and would probably rather I didn't come in. I have considered that she is ready to give up naps,...
My 2 1/2 yo dd is super fantastic, fun, dear. At night, goes right to sleep, I nurse her. But putting her down for a nap has become awful, I dread it. We've gone through it before, twice, maybe 8 and 4 months ago and I got so frustrated, I passed her to my dh, which she does not want, I am definitely the bedtime parent. She screamed for me, I don't ever let her cry it out, but I reasoned that she was in the loving arms of dad, and when I came in, a few minutes later, she'd...
dd, 27 months, is throwing up for 2 days, with tummy ache, clammy, bad breath, crying, no fever. Started AFTER going a somewhat hard poop (hard to say, she is potty learned, but hadn't gone poop day before, couldn't). Doc tested for UTI, totally negative except some trace blood, which he said was nothing, very common. Then tested for strep, negative. He thinks it is constipation, said to try prunes and prune juice and if she doesn't start pooping with that, try...
I voted no, but should have voted "other" I went from a regular B cup to a DD when I was pregnant to an F for the first 6 months of nursing. So when my milk came in, particular on one side, latching on was like try to latch on to a wall. I was also plagued with regular bouts of mastitis and clogged milk ducts. That said, my daughter at 2 is still nursing and our nursing relationship along with everything else goes so smoothly that I really believe that to say I had a...
What exactly were the symptoms? She hasn't had undigested food in her bowel movements (except an occasional grape skin) in several weeks and they have been solid.
Thank you everyone for such thoughtful answers and comments. It really gave me peace of mind and food for thought. Thank you. Ultimately, I realize that anything other than gentle parenting feels awful to me, and that isn't O.K., me feeling awful. But gentle and permissive are confused I think in many circumstances. Thanks for clarifying so many things!
Thank you so so much for all this input! I recently started using Tom's kids tooth paste, she likes the yum, I like the idea that I could be killing off bacteria and moving the sugar out before nitetime breastfeeding. I got some great ideas here for my turn brushing her teeth. Thank you. I recently got a sample of the Spiffies... What are the other ingredients in that, I'll have to check it out. I don't want to replace one ill for another! Thank again.