or Connect

Posts by sunma

Thanks so much. I wonder if it might also have been related to cutting a molar. But it seems she goes in and out of it, things are solid again. Thank you both so much for replying and easing my mind. And the juice suggestion was helpful too, dh and dd love to partake in the juice ritual every morning.
Wondering if there is reason to worry... DD is 16 months, bf exclusive til 9 mos, didn't really eat until 13 mos, then ate for about a month, her bm finally became solid after a couple of weeks. Then we went out of the country and she only bf mostly... She just started eating again. Her poop is sometimes solid and "clean" and then followed by some runnier (but not watery) poop in which I find some undigested food (tomato skin, ground carrots, lentil skins small chunks of...
Let me start by saying fear is probably the worst motivator of my parenting decisions... and yet I can't yet let go of this one... In my area, I have seen several kids under 4 with rotted out front teeth. One is a friend of mine's kid who at age 2 was put under and they did root canals on several teeth and gave him false front teeth (my husband says if it wasn't me telling him, he wouldn't believe that they do this). She bf her son til he was 2 1/2 and the dentist said...
Thank you for posting the threads, I've been reading them and they really are great and helpful. I think that is an interesting observation about feeling judged. Yesterday, I was absolutely wiped out (dd has molars coming in, poorly sleeping, whiny a lot) and I felt a bit melancholy and felt judged, not by anyone in particular, just judged, overwhelmed... Funnily enough, perfect playdate behavior is probably the least of our concern at this point, dd is so social and...
O.K.... I have friends who are attachment parents and friends who are not. My 16 month old has been a joy and a pleasure and a very "easy" baby. Still, she is a very strong willed wee one. Part of that is her charm, part of it I see will be a bit of a challenge. I see friends who are try to do everything according to attachment parenting ideas plus a few other ideas (not emotionally ready to share until they are 6, so until then they don't have to) and their kids from...
Thanks again... Mostly she is not interested in what I eat. And when she does eat off my plate, she just chews it and then spits it out. Today, however, I discovered she likes grapes... I ate the outsides and she ate the insides. What DOES trouble me a bit is that I DO want what she DOES eat to be nutritious... So if I share my food and she rejects everything except my popsicles and a cookie her dad is eating... Then what? I don't want to be the food police (her dad...
Thanks for your support! I guess sometimes when people ask all the time if she is eating.... and really she doesn't much... it gets you second guessing...
My dd is 13 months. She exclusively bf until about 9 months. For the past four months she has eaten on occasion. It was interesting to her for a little while, but then she got over the thrill. I know she gets enough still from my milk, but I would like to offer her different foods. I guess I am just spoiled by how EASY it is to just breastfeed. The trouble I have is I cannot THINK of anything to feed her that meets our requirements: Variety, nutritious, her being...
Thank you for your responses, particularly Becky for the Pink book website btw, website is: http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/..._pink_full.htm Very interesting... it states for Rubella: In clinical trials, 95% or more of vaccinees aged 12 months and older developed serologic evidence of rubella immunity after a single dose. More than 90% of vaccinated persons have protection against both clinical rubella and viremia for at least 15 years. Follow-up studies...
Hi there, first post... I was recently reading Peggy O'Mara's Natural Family Living and there is a section on Vaccines... Here is what surprised me: It said that the MMR vac gave 90% immunity if given BEFORE 15 months... (and AFTER 12 months) Does that mean the vac does not confer immunity very well if given after 15 months? Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you!! Clare