or Connect

Posts by lovingmommyhood

Okay so I must've knocked it loose earlier because when I was changing tonight a piece fell out onto my leg... it does not look like mucus, it looks like a light liver colored flat chunk of something 1/2 the size of a dime. I'm scared!! What is this???? I held it and rubbed it and tried to pull it apart, it definitely looks like a tiny piece of meat. Is this normal? Placenta? Mucus plug but no mucus?    Do I need to call the doctor over this?    Okay DH said the...
Okay, not really...but...for those of you who have/do check your cervix during pregnancy.   Have you ever felt something IN your cervix? This whole last trimester I've felt a "chunk" like thing in my cervix, pretty far up. Right now I'm dilated to 2 and I definitely felt the chunk, it's not on the side of my cervix, it's definitely around that ledge when you get to the top. It's not hard but it's not soft, a hard-ish piece of tissue. Today when I felt I sort of...
I think it's definitely a personal preference. I got a glider with my first child and have just never used it. It takes up space in our house and I hate it. Maybe I'll use it this time!! Fingers crossed. 
That's great if that's her choice, it's not mine. Perhaps when my children are young adults I would have that conversation with them. Not that I wouldn't discuss it if they were to bring it up in any form before that, I certainly would. I'm just not going to put it in their head as kids and adolescents that their body is imperfect or that it's botched because of a decision I made for them as infants.Body image is hard enough as it is and I want theirs to be healthy....
So you think she should stay with a man who would take her child to the doctor, behind her back, and have his body altered, behind her back, to put him through a procedure that could be deadly, behind her back...    Is that what you really think? Am I so off base here? 
I'm 27 and a mother of soon-to-be four, thanks for asking. I am not heartless and I am not sure what you expect when you post on a public forum. of course I don't know everything that is going on in your life, nor do you know everything that is going on in mine or anybody's on this forum. I didn't think I was mean, I was simply blunt and I meant what I said...if you don't trust your partner to not do something so vile as to circumcise your child behind your back then I...
Uh... if you think he would go behind your back on such a major decision why are you still with him? I think everybody encouraging lies and secretiveness are just exacerbating the problem... yuck. I would leave him if I had even the slightest doubt that my partner would do something he knew I felt strongly against. Nu uh. No. 
My first two are circ'd and this boy won't be. I figure they all look different anyway, my two DS's penises look completely different to me and VERY different from DH's...I do not agree with telling my children that I wish I hadn't had them circ'd and that I'm sorry etc. I refuse to make them think anything is wrong with them, not that it has ever come up. If they outright asked me WHY I circ'd them I would explain that at the time I thought it was the best thing for...
  D-MER! I had this with my first two babies but not with my third...I felt so alone but I was relieved when DS2 was born I found many others on Mothering with the same "issue". Before that all anybody would say is "you're probably depressed" and that just didn't sit well with me as to the reason. Anyway, just thought I'd chime in!!    http://breastfeeding.blog.motherwear.com/2008/06/when-breastfeed.html
I've never done this and don't plan to this time even though my water broke at 36 weeks with DD...I'm just not concerned I guess. :p