or Connect

Posts by avaylee

Quote: Originally Posted by newbymom05 RE: the HOA, it's 60K per unit? Or 60K total? I ask b/c I had an assessment once for 120K, but it was spread throughout the units so mine was only a couple of thousand. If it's per unit, wth is it for? That's a prob w/ condos, esp if they're going into foreclosures--the remaining owners have to pick up the HOA slack. I find it hard to believe it's 60K per unit--I'd be on the phone w/ my HOA rep and rell him what...
Quote: Originally Posted by AngieB I wondering if the OP or any of the other posters who are going into foreclosure have tried working with their banks to lower the payments or have they tried contacting any of the goverment programs that are there to help homeowners with this issue? I have contacted my mortgage holder and they will not even talk with me until we are at least a month behind in payments. To date we are current. We're looking...
Still wading through the thread, but would love to join you. I'm reading The Sugar Blues right now and have found it pretty informative from a political, historical, and nutrional point of view. It has me convinced that what we have done with my kiddo (very little processed food in her diet to this point) was the right decision. That said, I know she must be getting a bit of a sugar fix from mama's milk, and now that we've reached two, "do as I say not as I do" is not...
The only other option I can think of would be to put the main page into Excel or something, so that users could sort by main ingredient or ethnic grouping, and then hyperlink to the recipe? Kind of a sortable table of contents? Or create an index to cross-reference? Lots of work though, I'm sure. Great idea to have this be more easily accessible!
Subbing after a long absence from the thread! Keeta, thank you for sharing how you incorporate mindfulness and your emotions into your life with your child. I definitely find that as my toddler stretches my patience, I go off into a corner to breathe and calm myself down. I can see where it might be more helpful for both of us (in the long term) if she gets to see and passively participate in that process. It may serve her very well in the not so distant...
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaKat I never really get the whole point of posting something on a public forum for discussion, but stating at the outset what you want to hear. In my view, you throw something out there and then, as long as nobody is violating the user agreement, calm discourse is fair game. I wasn't asking for discussion to be stopped, I was just letting folks know that I had the information that I needed, and thanking those that...
As the OP, I would like to thank those of you that gave thoughtful answers to what I was asking, which was "What are the financial and legal ramifications of foreclosure?". I now have the information I was looking for, including who to talk to for further information. We are evaluating all of our legal options, and this wasn't intended to be a moral or ethical argument. I was not asking whether this was a "good" or "right" decision. I am weighing the options of...
Quote: Originally Posted by happyhats There's defenitely pros and cons to the apartment my family and I currently rent.... I do have a little porch that we're going to put some plants and flowers out on though. We're doing the potted plants on the deck as well this year. I think it will help me feel more in charge of my space, and also help a little with the grocery bill. (We got a great harvest of cherry tomatoes last year!) I definitely...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheshire Talk to a tax attorney and a CPA. Thank you! That's the type of thing that I wasn't sure. I figured I should talk to someone, but wasn't sure of the exact profession/job title. Much obliged.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ola_ So you're saying you are able to pay your mortgage but would like to have your home foreclosed on so you can have more financial wiggle room? That doesn't sound very ethical... Maybe I'm missing something in your financial story though. I don't want to get into the ethical issues here. I understand what those are for myself, and I'm not asking for approval on this particular avenue. I'm asking for...