or Connect

Posts by avaylee

Quote: Originally Posted by purplemoon The only issue would be to look at the laws in your state. Some banks can and will sue you for the deficiency of what they sell the home for and your loan amount. Some states they cannot (or usually won't even if they can). I've checked our state laws and our contracts and they cannot sue us for the difference. I was really surprised it varied state by state. Quote: Originally Posted by...
Sorry for the long post, trying to include details as to what I am thinking about and why. Here's the situation - In Sept 2006, DH and I purchased a condo in the area that we would like to live permanently. We put only 1% down, motivated by wanting to move before our kiddo came along (I was 3 months pregnant at the time) and what everyone kept telling us (and everyone else)... get in while you still can. We purchased a two bedroom, two bath, with the intent of...
Joining in! My DH and I watched the DVD last year. It took us about four weeks to get through because we would start it, then pause every time we had something to relate to or discuss about our upbringing. Well worth the extra library fines. I purchased the book a while back for more reference and in-depth review of the concepts. As my DD quickly (too quickly!) approaches two, I feel that I need to really delve more into GD and what my ultimate goal is for myself, my...
I think this might be a case where I'm not so much against the condo living, it's just that THIS condo isn't quite what I was hoping for. Of course, we purchased before having the kidlet, so that changed what I wanted and needed from my spaces. We did figure out a way to get DD her own room with much furniture changing, but I think that will greatly help how crowded I feel. For those that don't have green space nearby, do you simply walk/drive to the nearest park? For...
I think if I lived in an urban center, I'd be more at peace with the whole condo thing. However, being in a suburb, I find that I'm surrounded by homes and the distances between things that homes allow for. That said, I'm on a great bus line and live across the street (literally) from one of the best children's museums in the area. I think I'm mostly struggling with wanting to get some space for my DH and me, as well as space for the toddler. We're also in a basement...
From what I can tell, the new homeowners help thingum (yes, I'm sure that's the technical term) went into affect today... the one to renegotiate principle and/or interest and/or loan terms, etc. I'm trying to figure out if this is something that we qualify for, and if there are any catches, but I'm having a hard time finding any place that has the fine print. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? And if you know of any restrictions (such as, must remain in...
: I have some chives that I left for dead out on the deck over winter. They started sprouting up just before this last hurrah of snow, and seem to be recovering just fine. I'll be starting our hanging tomatoes from seed sometime in the next few weeks. Debating on basil, lavender, and rosemary. We only get sun on the deck from 2pm during the summer. I'm still learning about what's willing to grow in a pot with partial sun. I'm really hoping winter is over though....
This is located in Sammamish, so probably out of the OPs range, but wanted to mention it to others that might see it: Labyrinth Coop A friend of mine is heavily involved here. Don't be thrown off by the location (Mary Queen of Peace Parish), it's not religious based at all. They might be able to link you up with a group closer to the OP though. Hope that helps!
I'm sure there must be one... but where? Feeling the need to brainstorm with other mamas that have no yard to put their child into when everyone is going stir-crazy, who do container gardening, who's nearest park to walk to is a school, etc etc. Point me in the right direction please! Or let me know if there are others out there!
I second the recommendations for Anita. As for fitting, if you don't have a local bra shop, Nordstroms does carry quite a few nursing bras (generally in the back, ask someone) and they will give you a fitting. You can always try them on there and then purchase online if the sticker shock is too much. I know the bra that I loved at Nordstroms I found online for $20 less two weeks later.... Now that I know what I'm looking for, it's much easier to just buy online. Hope...