or Connect

Posts by avaylee

That was my first time commenting on YouTube. As my 21m shows no sign of weaning, we're starting to get the familiar questions. This reminded me that I need to take pictures so that we can reminisce together when she's a mama.
Thanks to everyone for all the anecdotes and advice. I'm going to see if a dermatologist is covered by our insurance. In the meantime, one of my goals this year is to move to a traditional foods diet, which should take care of the sugar and much of the gluten that I might be reacting to. (I have to guess that the SAD probably doesn't help this situation at all.) I've also heard good things about using a white washcloth and water as an exfoliant. I'll give that a whirl...
Growing up I had fairly clear skin. A zit here or there, but nothing like what most of my teenaged friends faced. Definitely felt lucky. Fast forward 15 years later. I had my general clear skin during pregnancy and for a few weeks after DD's birth (Apr 07). Since then I have had horrible red splotches, lots of dry skin, chin breakouts, acne in my hairline, etc. Bleh. I just started getting my period back three months ago. I've had it twice since October 08. Both...
:bump Is the Rhodiola Rosea safe while bf'ing? Glad to have found this thread. I've been debating doing a cleanse for awhile, but still have a nursing toddler and don't want to dump all my toxins from me into her. As always, MDC saves the day!
My DD went through this at about this age too. No pregnancy, but I felt like I was tethered to our living room sofa again... constantly nursing. It lasted a few weeks and then she suddenly: - had two molars pop through - starting using more words than just "mama" and "daddy" - grew about 1/2" - slept for 12 hours at night (nursing 2-3 times, but mostly staying asleep) For us, it really was a big transition for her, and I think the nursing helped her get through...
: Jarrow's makes a probiotic that was designed for babies. Put some on your nipples before nursing. I used it while I was taking abx just in case it came through my bm. Hope your kiddo feels better soon!
More of a curiosity than anything else... We tend to give DD baths before bedtime, generally getting her hair wet. I towel dry it and put her to bed. With the weather being colder, I'm more diligent about having the heat on in our room before she sleeps... trying to avoid cold wet head. This has the added bonus of giving her some... uhm... interesting hair styles in the morning. (Yay for bows and headbands.) Do other people fully dry their child's hair with baths...
I wish I could just "make the switch"... we make our weekly menu and grocery list together, so that's where things like "do we really need whole chickens instead of chicken breasts" and "how much butter do you want?!?" make me nervous about going more TF without him really knowing about it. That said, I did put some butter on my steak tonight and he followed my lead. Baby steps have been made!
DeepGreen29, thank you so much for your insight and for the awesome links. This gives me a number of jumping-off points, and things to try that aren't so "out there". Much appreciated!
Quote: Originally Posted by krankedyann I recommend you start with converting recipes that you know he will eat via ingredient changes first. I outline how to do that here- http://www.cookingtf.com/convert.html I normally change one ingredient at a time and work through the changes very slowly over a period of months. That way it's a familiar food and not something new to get a heavy critique and rejection before he even tries...