or Connect

Posts by avaylee

Thanks for all the replies! I think a large part of the problem is that there is simply a fundamental difference in desire for healthy food. When I ask him what he wants for dinner, it's either McD's or lobster and risotto. There's not much middle ground for him. He has said that he will eat what is put in front of him, or that I can choose to cook something for myself and DD and he will "fend for himself", so making a separate meal is not on the agenda (woot). ...
After a friend introduced me to the ideas of TF, I purchased Nourishing Traditions as a cookbook. I'm slowly (like, turtle-slow) creeping in this direction. However... my DH is completely uninterested in switching. Dinners that are made with whole foods are completely unsatisfying (mentally, not physically) for him. He'll eat the meal and then after the little one goes down, he'll go through Burger King or McDonald's. Our palates are so completely different. I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by fek&fuzz But with the dance, there's nothing to buy, nothing to read about, no commitment to finish some project - it's all DO. : This sounds exactly like the type of thing I need... something that I can just do and be without worrying about an end product. Thanks again!
Thank you so much for the responses. It's nice to a) know that I'm not alone in feeling this weird emptiness and b) get some great ideas of how to go about finding what brings me joy. Looks like I should maybe be checking out classes at the local community college or community centers. To fek&fuzz and dancingmama, do you find that once you are really in love with something, the fire for it sticks? Or that you bounce from one exciting thing to the next? My experience...
I'm currently reading a wonderful book that is talking about how when we aren't getting our true hearts desire, we replace it with something else (usually food), and obviously that doesn't work because it's not filling that TRUE desire. I definitely subscribe to this thought, but am having a difficult time because I can't figure out what my true heart's desire is. My favorite TV shows are things like Project Runway, Top Design, and Top Chef... partially because of my...
Excellent! I'll tell them that I'm a nursing mama when I call to make the appointment. Maybe they can tell me over the phone what they generally use so I can do a little research before I go in. Does anyone know if nitrous is safe? I've never had it before, but I know a few of the dentisits around here use it for shorter visits. Thanks again.
It has finally come to that point that I can no longer ignore the broken tooth or the terror I have of the dentist. I need to make an appointment and right quick. Have done this before (needed oral surgery as my teeth seem to break to the gum), and loved having "twilight" at the time, but wasn't nursing then. Is it safe to take anything for nerves just to get to the appointment itself? And/or are there any issues with conscious sedation and nursing? I'm not ready to...
My spiritual path has been long and varied and I still find myself praying in times of distress. It was only recently (like, within the last two months) that I have been able to see how I could turn that "outside power please help/heal/fix, etc" prayer into "inside power, please untangle these thoughts" prayer/meditation. Personally I found that I fall into my old outsider help thoughts when I'm in a reactionary mode, ie. not using my full awareness. Bearing in mine...
My 19m has been doing this for the last month. She tends to be more specific at nap- and bedtimes. I'm inclined to think it's one of those toddlerhood independence things, like you said. Just wanted you to know you weren't the only one.
We're still in this phase a little bit, but hit it in full stride at about 14m. I talked to someone that works in child development and she gave me a bit of perspective... This is the age when they can start to really interact, touch and be touched. They don't necessarily know the difference between soft and hard touches. The example that we were dealing with was DD pulling my hair... hard. She likely couldn't tell the difference between me "pulling on my hair"...