or Connect

Posts by winemal

Hi - any ideas for (pref homemade, but doesn't have to be) a dry mouth solution? It gets really bad, esp. at night when I can't drink water or chew gum. I try to stay hydrated but I just can't at night. I am concerned about using Xylitol, as lots of people have recommended... Isn't it a fake sugar? I try not to use those... Does anyone have any good info about it? Also, I'm pregnant and don't want to use Propylene Glycol or other crazy chemicals, which seem to be in...
Hi, Raene. A couple of questions related to your gas probs: Does your daughter seem upset when she passes gas? When you say she can clear a room, I assume you mean it stinks? Does she have any other symptoms, such as persistent rashes (anywhere?), sleep disturbance, chronic diarrhea or constipation, general constant crankiness, etc...? Sometimes babies ARE just loud farters, and if they don't seem upset by the process, it couldjust be a quirk. However, stinky...
Thanks, Mamas (maybe papas?) for your thoughts. I can't think of anything specifically that happened when the eye-blinking started, except the bangs in his eyes... any maybe the dry heat starting up for winter. We bought a humidifier, but he's still blinking. We used to give him magnesium (epsom salts foot baths and supplement powder) for sleeping before we figured out his gluten intolerance. So, maybe he is deficient! And also, we have not been giving him a multi-...
Hi. My 6yo son blinks his eyes really hard all the time. It started several months ago, maybe when his hair was way too long in front... I read a few things on the internet suggesting that it could be a habitual tic from something like the long hair, that just continues, or it could be from allergies. Either way, it was made to sound as though it wasn't a huge problem. I know my husband gets worried about it. Should I be worried about this? I don't know if...
Hi - I just wanted to pass this on. This bread mix was in the diabetic section of the regular grocery store, go figure. My non-celiac kid even says it is the best bread we've ever made! It does call for butter and milk (we are also dairy free) so we just use oil and almond milk. It does have some soy-lecithin in it, if you are sensitive to soy. We added 3 eggs instead of the called for 2 plus egg whites. It rose wonderfully and was great warm and cold. We baked...
Don't know if any of you have these skin tags, but a friend of mine recommended putting Kombucha or raw apple cider vinegar on it, and so I put some apple cider vinegar (raw unfiltered) on a cotton ball and taped it on for a few hours for two days in a row... and it turned black and fell off! Much cheaper than having them frozen off! I looked around on the web 1st and it seemed like this was a very common, well-known remedy, so I thought I could pass it on. Some people...
thanks, kjbrown92 - We used the Enterolab stool test bc I didn't want to put him back on gluten bc of the terrible symptoms he used to have... I researched it quite a bit and did the genetic test, too, and really only wanted to know "for sure", even though I would've continued to keep him off gluten. We don't have insurance that will cover a biopsy, even if I wanted to put him through that! So, I guess we can't call it celiac exactly. Celiac.com defines gluten...
Hi, there! My son just tested positive for gluten intolerance, though he has been off of gluten for over a year, so we don't need to change too much for him. (as an aside, can anyone explain to me the diff. between gluten intolerance and celiac disease? I've tried to research it and my g'mother had celiac sprue) I am wondering about the rest of the family. My husband and I want to just change the whole house over to gluten-free (and dairy free for awhile) but my...
I just got back the results from my son's Enterolab tests two days ago. I must admit, it was a little strange to send of my 6yo's poo, frozen in a box, through Fedex... And, yes, I was told that some insurance does pay for it and that if you ask they will give you a billing code. We didn't do this, so I can't say more than that. However, they did do an IgA and transglutiminase test (I prob spelled that wrong) just like you would with a blood test and they also did a...
Hi. My 6yo son often has what I consider to be a mottled lacy look to his skin at night, esp. when he has a cough. It's not like a rash - it seems more under the skin. I remember a friend once saying that she knew her son had pneumonia bc of a "lacy" look to his skin, but I can't find that symptom online when I look for it, and he isn't really sick or anything. Has anyone seen this? I keep wondering if I should be worried about it. It seems to come and go. Also,...